Since I started tracking my food I have learned...

Options

Replies

• Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i used to love cooking with olive oil, but seriously- about 130 cals per TBSP? crazy! It's been PAM for me ever since I realized that. Oh, I also used to LOVE eating mangos- until I realized they've got 30-some grams of sugar in them! good lord. I know it's natural surgars and all, but even that's too many for me. I've been sticking to berries.
  • japalamu
    japalamu Posts: 11
    Options
    I used to eat chicken sausages as snack, I used to put in all my sandwiches I thought it doesn’t have to many calories but I realized that I use to eat at least 300 calories just in a snack¡
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    How some foods make me hungrier and some foods actually signal to my body that food has been ingested.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I've learned that Taco Bueno is Satan's Alley....just a plain bean burrito from there has 604 calories and 29 grams of fat! They obviously put real lard in their beans.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    ...that I eat more now than before! I just eat a lot more whole grains, fruits, vegetables, beans, etc. and bring my food from home. I occasionally go out to eat to eat, but I choose smaller items like appetizers for my meal and get a salad too.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have learnt that it's easy to pig out and blow out on calories
    when you have friends over.
  • bac0s
    bac0s Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That I can eat the foods I love frequently, and eat a lot of food, and be full. Nothing is off limits -- I can work it all into my calories in moderation. :)
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I can't BELIEVE how much sugar & sodium are in certain foods! Without even having a drink on 4th of July weekend the BBQ sauce, Ruffles & BB beans through me outta whack!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Cheese is worth it to me!

I found that sodium isn't as hard to watch as I expected. However something have an insane amount of it.
  • davisjillian30
    davisjillian30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That everything that I was normally eating had SO much sodium in it! :grumble:
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I have learned that MOST steamed veggies at restaurants are not left in their natural state but drenched in butter and high-sodium seasoning. What is the point of selecting a vegetable as a side when it has just as much sodium as a side of fries??? They can't even bring it to you with no seasoning because everything is pre-packaged. Irritates me to no end. Makes me almost want to bring some raw broccoli with me the next time I dine out and have the server tell the cook to blanch them for me. :)
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    On a happy note...that I can eat ( a little bit) of chocolate everyday and still lose weight! Makes my life so much better!
  • davisjillian30
    davisjillian30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That everything that I was normally eating had SO much sodium in it! :grumble:

Didn't mean to say "that" so many times....
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    On a happy note...that I can eat ( a little bit) of chocolate everyday and still lose weight! Makes my life so much better!

Amen! Me too! I don't even log it these days because it's so much a part of my calorie intake for the day.
  • iluminadaonix
    iluminadaonix Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Coffee (with cream and sugar) has so many calories and fat in it. I'm a coffee addict and drink several cups a day. It wasn't until I joined MFP that I realized I can reach 1200 cals a day in coffee alone.

Mee too... I. A no sugar coffee girl now and only one cup a day. :)
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    Do you know how much maple syrup you would have to pour on your pancakes for that 1/4 cup??? 1/4 is alot of syrup! I use about a tablespoon of syrup for my pancake:-)
  • Neek170
    Neek170 Posts: 8
    Options
    I can honestly say that I've learned portion control inorder not to hike up those calories and that just because it all comes in one package it doesn't mean that its all one serving....
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've learned a few things along the way: proportion size is not what you thought it was; counting Calories and exercise is the BEST diet plan out there, yes I eat way too much sugar but its from fruit and it stores the best for work.( i don't have a cooler near by and can't keep veggies) And I read everything on the label. health foods are not always the best for you. Eat seasonal if you can. it usually is the best quality of that veggie/fruit and you can get it at a good price.
  • juspid22
    juspid22 Posts: 7
    Options
    what do you use now instead of olive oil? i have also just discovered how many calories i was taking in because of it. Thanks in advance
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    I eat kelloggs Special K. The serving size is 1 cup to 1 1/4 cup:-)