Weighing?

Options
How often do people weigh themselves?

Replies

• Aubryleigh
    Options
    I'm weighing daily. 1st thing in the AM. :-)
  • Tahru
    Tahru Posts: 58
    Options
    I do it once a week normally...
    Sometimes if I get nervous that I gained something I'll step on a scale before sunday, but not record it. But its whatever makes you comfortable ^^
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i weight daily also. that way i know what my average weight is (if you weight once a week it might be a light day or a heavy day)
  • jgalindo7
    jgalindo7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am doing it weekly with a coworker of mine, noone knows but us, and I don't have a scale at home so that I don't get discouraged and give up. I notice when I have a scale at home I weigh myself every couple of days and it discourages me!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily (sometimes I skip a day), but only record weekly.
  • KINLEWIS
    KINLEWIS Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, first thing in the morning after a use the bathroom.
  • tammylfinch
    Options
    I'm weighing weekly. 1st thing in the AM. I'm curious to see what others are doing so good post.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am weekly usually on Saturday morning. Sometime I will check in around Tuesday or Wednesday just to see:wink:
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I weigh haphazardly but almost always first thing in the AM after relieving my bladder.

If it's a maintain I don't record it. If it's a lost I record it. If it's a gain, I only record it if it's significant (1 lb or more).

Good luck to you!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    daily. i record every loss. NEVER recorded a gain.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Once a month! Daily weighing would drive me crazy with all the ups and downs.
  • Addison2409
    Addison2409 Posts: 104
    Options
    Every morning after using the bath room.
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    I weigh in once a week... every friday immediately after I wake up and use the restroom.
  • dsreilly
    dsreilly Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Too much!!! Major scale obsession!!!!! Still waiting for my other half to hide them!!!! They need to go in the loft, because unless i borrow my mates ladder i cant get up there lol!!!
  • tammywho327
    tammywho327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays around 8/8:30am I only do it once a week because it can fluctuate but I chose Wednesday because if I have a bad weekend I have 2 days for make up!

I work at a University and the health clinic offers weight tracking for students and certain staff that ask. . .Since I first weighed in at work I have lost 56lbs.

Funny story- went to the Dr. yesterday and he said- "hopefully you will lose some of the weight you gained from this drug". . .I laughed and he asked why. I told him that his nurse just told me I had lost 39lbs since my last visit with him! He was floored- didn't even believe it! I was slightly offended at first, but I only saw the Dr. a few times, so I let it slide and enjoyed laughing at him!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I do it after a workout if it's not my normal weigh day only because I want to track sodium lost through sweat.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and record each loss. I'll only record a gain if I stay at that for a couple of weeks or so.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, I weighed once a week. After a month or so, I went back to weighing daily.

If you're the sort of person who will be incredibly influenced by the number you see on the scale, weighing less frequently is probably the better choice. Your body can have water weight fluctuations from day to day that can be quite unmotivating if the number on the scale dictates your mood for the day.
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, I can't stop. I only change my weight weekly on here though.
  • Marsha_S
    Marsha_S Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly right after I use the bathroom - the body fluctuates too much on a day to day basis, and I'm not putting myself through a daily weigh:noway: . Weekly is enough torture:wink: lol. I record the losses AND the gains, I put it all out there:flowerforyou: .