Hey everyone

Options
My names Tom and I'm new to the community. I've been heavy most of my life. I weigh about 500lbs and I hate that I am a prisoner inside my own body. I want to live to see my family grow old and I fear I might not get to. My hardest thing is not eating when I'm bored or stressed. I'll eat because it's comforting. Sad I know. I need motivation. I move pretty good for a guy my size. I'm Type 2 diabetic and have a hernia by my belly button =/ along side a bad knee and upper back issues all due to my weight. Idk how to get in control guys...I'm really lost on how to find motivation to get my life back.

Replies

• rquiles8
    rquiles8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can add me to your support friends. I have lost 30 pounds since June 8 and looking to lose another 25 pounds. I am at rquiles8 as my member and my focus has been on changing my diet. I am also a veteran of the US Army as well as a current AF member serving in the GA national guard, so I have to keep myself in shape to be able to pass my fitness test every year. Add me as your friend and I will send you some tips, encouragement, and prayer or any other advice I can give that would be helpful. After adding me as friend, go read my bio or take a look at my before & after pictures. Stay strong, healthy, happy, and active. GLMF
  • 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You've made a great step by getting onto MFP! A lot of good information on here as well as people to help keep you motivated. With several conditions already in place, make sure you consult with your doctor before trying a new diet or workout plan. Finding something else to take the place of food for comfort will be a big help.
  • rquiles8
    rquiles8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    dcm886 wrote: »
    You've made a great step by getting onto MFP! A lot of good information on here as well as people to help keep you motivated. With several conditions already in place, make sure you consult with your doctor before trying a new diet or workout plan. Finding something else to take the place of food for comfort will be a big help.

Absolutely agree with this statement. I believe the requirement for Type II diabetics is every 3 months to be seen by a doctor and so that would be the best time to check with the doc. Thanks for bringing that into the conversation.