Since I started tracking my food I have learned...

Options

Replies

• Priscillawants74gone
    Priscillawants74gone Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Cheese and condiments.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Pop adds up to a LOT of calories throughout the day! O_O
  • Priscillawants74gone
    Options
    Cheese...most definitely. Also, someone already took juice. (V8 w/ Green Tea is only 50 cals). Greek yogurt...a WHOPPING 190 cals...think I'll pass.

Maybe try Chobani greek yogurt. It is only 140 and has 14 gram of protein... keeps me full for HOURS
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Do you know how much maple syrup you would have to pour on your pancakes for that 1/4 cup??? 1/4 is alot of syrup! I use about a tablespoon of syrup for my pancake:-)
    My gf uses at LEAST 1/4 cup...never understood it but she likes to have her pancakes/waffles SWIMMING in it.
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    I learned that a teaspoon of granulated sugar is worth 16 calories..... black coffee for me from now on LOL
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    I've learned pizza --- my favorite food on the entire planet, especially if it's covered in beef, mushroom and extra cheese -- is no longer worth the once a week "Friday Night treats"... :sad:
  • Priscillawants74gone
    Options
    I've learned that Taco Bueno is Satan's Alley....just a plain bean burrito from there has 604 calories and 29 grams of fat! They obviously put real lard in their beans.

ah... taco bueno. good thing we no longer have them in houston.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I've learned that low fat crap is not worth the calories. 10 calories less for something that taste like plastic is not my idea of good eat!!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Coke is just not worth 139 cals a can, i'd rather drink water and eat those cals!!!
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I recently started getting my dressing on the side when I eat salads and i have learned that you eat way less dressing when you dip the fork rather than smother it all over the salad i was so amazed yesterday at how much dressing i really ate and felt satisfied.
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bread, just good old bread, love it but definatley not worth it anymore.I have found bagel thins for 110 calories, not quite the same, but still yummy!Amazing how I now think about everything I put in my mouth, never thought of it before.I still have cheat days too, important and fun!:laugh:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I've learned that if I eat clean it's really really hard to eat 2500 - 3000 calories a day. Yet you can do that in almost one sitting of McDonalds or BK. Yikes.
  • Reisse62
    Reisse62 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How much better food tastes now. I take the time to enjoy it versus mindlessly inhaling.

Cheese is now a garnish, Hamburgers are mostly bun-less and oil used to cook food is ALWAYS measure.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Cheese...most definitely. Also, someone already took juice. (V8 w/ Green Tea is only 50 cals). Greek yogurt...a WHOPPING 190 cals...think I'll pass.

Greek Yogurt has so much protein though! And some have a less than 190 cals, some even have 90 (Oikos)
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I eat kelloggs Special K. The serving size is 1 cup to 1 1/4 cup:-)

Special k vanilla almond is
    3/4 cup...

I have learned that I can eat what I want as long as I don't over do it :)
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've learnt that I actually enjoy going to the gym and exercising. I'm giving myself a day off tomorrow so I have energy for my holiday on thursday, and I'm almost having to *force* myself not to go.
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I cannot eat avocadoes or cheese in moderation :( If I cant eat a whole avocado or 1/4 pound of cheese I would rather do without.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Do you know how much maple syrup you would have to pour on your pancakes for that 1/4 cup??? 1/4 is alot of syrup! I use about a tablespoon of syrup for my pancake:-)

I like to taste my syrup. If not, what's the point in having it? And 1/4 cup of sugar free is still less cals than your one tablespoon of regular.
  • jimmy_jenkins
    Options
    what do you use now instead of olive oil? i have also just discovered how many calories i was taking in because of it. Thanks in advance

For cooking i use a few squirts of the 1 cal olive oil spray.
  • sugarbugger
    Options
    That even though I no longer eat any processed sugar (unless you count the miniscule amounts in 1tsp of salad cream or ketchup etc) I STILL go over my sugar limit every bloody day because of things like apples, muesli and bread... pah!