Embarking on a long journey, in need of support!

Options
Hi there, I am a wife and stay at home mother to a 5 year old daughter and almost 4 year old son. After having my son, I lost all 55 lbs of baby weight in 5 months. Then I got the Mirena. Over the next 2.5 years, I gained 100 lbs, lost all energy and felt horrible everyday. In March, I had the Mirena removed but my hormones are still out of wack. In April my father, who was my very best friend, passed away and I fell into a deep depression. My bed has been my best friend. I miss the person I used to be, I used to look and feel great, even after 2 children back to back. I had lots of energy and I was happy. I turned 30 on the 10th and I know that I have to start taking my physical and emotional health seriously. So today I started on the beginning of a new journey, to become the person I know I can be and once was. I went to the grocery and stocked up on Super health food, vitamins and supplements. I joined a women only gym that is very friendly and inviting. I have my initial health assessment tonight and I am very nervous to find out how unhealthy I have become and how far I have to go. I need all the support I can get, please add me so we can support eachother!

Replies

• SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs!! You are still young and this is the perfect time to take back your life. Use the tools that MFP offers and build up a group of friends to offer support and encouragement along the way. It won't be an overnight thing - so be gentle with yourself. Small consistent changes will bring huge results over time. Cheering for you!!
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    SweetP27 wrote: »
    Sending hugs!! You are still young and this is the perfect time to take back your life. Use the tools that MFP offers and build up a group of friends to offer support and encouragement along the way. It won't be an overnight thing - so be gentle with yourself. Small consistent changes will bring huge results over time. Cheering for you!!

Ditto!
  • MarineWife821
    MarineWife821 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your words of encouragement, it means a lot! I need all the support I can get!!
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Wow! My journey is a little similar to yours. I lost 80 lbs right after I had my now 6 year old son. I had lots of energy, felt confident in anything I wore, and was more adventurous. Since then, my son's dad and I separated and I became a full time single parent. With all the changes going on, eating healthy was the last thing on my mind. Regretfully, I packed on 60 lbs of what I initially lost. I want to get serious about my weight loss as well and I'm determined to make this a lifestyle change. I need to find that happier, energetic woman inside of me again! I've been telling myself that slow and steady wins the race, since I've always been a RIGHT NOW kind of person. Best of luck to you and your journey! Feel free to add me! :)