Freeze those strawberries!

Options
eryn415
eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
Somewhere in my dieting life, I picked up this tip. I am thrilled with it every time I make a smoothy. Every time you get to those strawberries that are still good, but getting a bit mushy in the basket, slice them, and freeze them. When you are going to make a smoothy, use them instead of ice. I also do this with other berries, peaches, nectarines, you name it! Delicious and saves that fruit that I would otherwise toss.

Replies

• Priscillawants74gone
    Priscillawants74gone Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in my dieting life, I picked up this tip. I am thrilled with it every time I make a smoothy. Every time you get to those strawberries that are still good, but getting a bit mushy in the basket, slice them, and freeze them. When you are going to make a smoothy, use them instead of ice. I also do this with other berries, peaches, nectarines, you name it! Delicious and saves that fruit that I would otherwise toss.

great tip! Thanks
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i think im going to do this i buy both frozen and fresh when i buy the fresh fruit im in a hurry to eat it before it starts going bad thx for the tip
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options

I do exactly the same thing!
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    We like to freeze grapes, they are sooo good!!!