Hello

Options
I am new to fitness pal and i actually learned of this website in the produce aisle of super market. My problem is over eating and binge eating at night in private! I hope that seeing the number of calories on the screen will help slow my appetite! Any suggestion would be appreciated!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lmbathey
    Lmbathey Posts: 2
    Options
    Well I can definitely binge eat too. For nighttime what I have done is have healthy choices of what I might be craving. I know, that sounds annoying and condescending but I like dessert and know I have to have it so....i started buying light whip cream, lots of berries, and sorbets and then make myself a little sundae sometimes adding chocolate sauce drizzles. A whole bowl isn't that much calories and I feel like I'm splurging.

And for those time when I want sourdough toast by the pound I try to make two peices and then take a bite and count to 10. It helps slow me down so I don't gulp it down in seconds.

Hope those things help..I've found they work for me.

Lorena
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here, too. I've been logging for about a week and I really like this site. My suggestion would be to not worry too much about your calories for a few days, but just log absolutely everything you eat. Just get it down and you can later look at your diet and see where you can make some healthier changes.

Another suggestion is to drink a glass of water at night before having that late night snack. It's okay to have a little something, and the water will help fill you up. Sometimes we are actually thirsty when we think we are hungry.

One more tip...brush your teeth when you feel like a late night snack. Who wants to get those pearly whites dirty again and minty toothpaste doesn't go well with food! :bigsmile:
  • danibee79
    danibee79 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello! This site is really going to help you, I know :happy: totally agree with wiifitfan's suggestion of just logging cals. That's how I started. It helps you realise just how much you eat in a day. It kind of guilted me into not having quite so many snacks, or make me think 'that's a lot of cals for something soo small!'

I also try to be more conscious when eating like lmbathey suggested. It's so easy just to gulp it down and not actually taste it.

Good luck, if you'd like to add me as a friend please do!
  • krisram
    krisram Posts: 2
    Options
    I can understand the binge eating myself. I am working through that too. I am finding that seeing how many calories and amount of fat I am eating helps me to realize what I am doing to myself. Also, I find that working out helps. I feel better about myself throughout the day and am more conscious of what I am putting into my mouth. Remember though, even if you have a bad day or even a bad meal, it's not the end of the world. We're only human. Just get back on track and try not to beat yourself up. Learn from it (I'm trying to practice what I'm preaching by the way, lol!!) Good luck!!
  • jenlw88
    jenlw88 Posts: 71
    Options
    u good hands i love fruit salad and my peanut butter wrap