Not in a good mood

Options
My mood today is not the best. I have stepped up my workout, and I gained 3lbs. So, I am feeling a little blue today.:frown:

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If you recently stepped up your workouts, this is likely water gain. Your body stores water in your muscles for repair and recovery.
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    remember you add muscle as you lose fat , dont sweat it
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you recently stepped up your workouts, this is likely water gain. Your body stores water in your muscles for repair and recovery.
    Agreed

Its not muscle but its a good start in the right direction :)
  • rockstarmike000
    Options
    Working out is really beneficial and helps boost the metabolism, but its really all about the calorie count. heres a really good article I read once. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1914974,00.html
  • ladieraven
    ladieraven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate!!! I started jogging the week before last and I gained 3 lbs... And the thing is, I went jogging for 6 days in a row... I just knew when I got on that scale it was going to be good news... To add fuel to the fire, I was eating right and doing everything right, it kind of put me in a bad mood, I haven't really been working out the last couple days, but I lost the 3lbs and a few more, hopefully Friday when I weigh in, it will be a good number. Doing good with my eating and hope things look good for me this week... getting back to my routine though, hopefully it won't rain today!!! You are definately my inspiration!!! My first goal is just to get out of the 200's I only have about 8lbs to go, but it seems like the hardest goal to reach... anyway, I love ya!!! And don't you worry, no giving up this time!!!
  • Dskwon
    Dskwon Posts: 17
    Options
    That's tough. 3lbs? Damn. No wonder you're feeling blue. Working your *kitten* off and the scales aren't telling you what you deserve to hear.

Wait. What's this? Overall weight and body fat aren't quite the same thing?

Your weight fluctuates on the scale. If you're doing everything right, then it's not a fat gain. I don't understand why this is such a difficult thing for people to comprehend.