I'm 5'2, 225 pounds, and i'm a sugar addict!!!

Options
The fact that I've never posted or admitted to my true weight is a big step. I can blame depo or the fact that I have 2 kid's but my youngest is 8 so no more excuses! I'll looking for ppl to add me as their friends so I can get all the support I can get. I have to change the way I easy and get my life back. Sugar will not continue to control me!!!

Replies

• countrysweet1127
    countrysweet1127 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, sugar is my go to food! My daughter is turning 8 in just a few days so I guess it's really time to stop using the I had a kid excuse right lol You can do this add me as a friend we can support each other :smile:
  • susy718
    susy718 Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sounds so much like me!!! I blame my weight on my first pregnancy but that was 7 years ago!! Ha! I'm currently 216ish, when I first started using this app I was 245.8lbs. I had become blind as to how much weight that really is for a 5'3 women. I'm a food addict; everything and anything sounds great as long as it's food. Can't live with it, can't live without it. Let's do this!!!
  • MinimizingMichelle
    MinimizingMichelle Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want. I'm 252 and 5'4 with one baby girl and a love for all that's bad. Today I'm changing my life or tomorrow I'll wake up to something that seems even more unachievable.
  • Danyewtf
    Danyewtf Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sugar addict also! Feel free to add me
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1ish and started out at 224 lbs, so similar stats to start. I've reached my goal but love to support others on their journey, feel free to add me or follow on Instagram, same username as here
  • melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I'm in a similar position to most of you here. I'm 5'2", 40 years old. Two kids at home, ages 9 and 17. I started this journey in March at 269 lbs and now am at 209. It's sooo hard to avoid my favorite treats and foods. But I'm determined to be able to do things with my kids and live long enough to see grandkids. I'm scared of the path I was on and don't want health to be what beats me down. Anyone can feel free to add me as I'm looking to have support and give support. We are all in this together!
  • DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can get a sugar boost snacking on frozen blueberries.
  • Lisamjs1
    Lisamjs1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Major sugar binge addict here. Lost weight, got to goal then put it back on again. Feel free to add me x
  • kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I will add you! I'm always looking for more friends to help encourage and to get encouragement from!
  • Josh_Friedman
    Josh_Friedman Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Alot of people will disagree with me here, and I agree its not a long-term solution, but eating Splenda/Sucralose foods/beverages instead of sugar can really help you over the psychological hurdle. Voortman's and Murrays both make some pretty decent sugar-free cookies that are made with Splenda. Diet Pepsi is made with sucrlose instead of aspartame. Like I said, not a permanent fix, its like using a patch or vaping to quit smoking, but it can help you lose your craving for sugar.
  • sarahesingleton
    sarahesingleton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I hear you! Added sugar is basically the devil. Haha. We have similar stats. I'm almost 5'2" and started at 213. Am currently at 188. This is the place to be! I love it here. The support from your friends is awesome. And the tools are great too. I'll add you!
  • Butterfly_Ninja
    Butterfly_Ninja Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be brutally honest. Sugar is a horrible addiction. It truly is. I'm a HUGE fan of sugar! Sugar cookies, Sugar in my coffee (although it seriously is more like coffee in my sugar), Sugar in my drinks (yes I add extra sugar to the drinks that already have sugar), Sugar on my toast, Sugar on my cereal, Sugar on my meats. I'm not kidding at all when I say I love sugar. I tried one time to quit eating it and I got headaches the whole 4 days I tried. SO.... I'm going to tell you my secret. I literally had to start WEENING myself off of sugar by putting LESS in everything. I'm still at that stage. Except I don't eat sugar at all for lunch and dinner. I do have an occasional snack with sugar in it, and oh hell to the no I absolutely refuse to drink my coffee without sugar. That isn't gonna happen ever!
    So I want to wish you the very best, and give you a little advice.... just start off slow and easy when it comes to getting rid of sugar. Less and less every week and it won't be such a huge shock to your body.
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I struggle all the time... but the main point is that we try. We keep trying and don't give up. I have faith that you can do it!!!
  • Morganbennett1
    Morganbennett1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I started at 225lbs and was a major sugar addict. I'm 5'2 and currently at 197lbs. I started small, cut out soda first and replaced with water and coffee. I then started avoiding the candy dish at work. I realized that my biggest problem was that I had a habit of buying the sugary snacks. Every time I got gas I would go in and buy candy and soda. Now I buy gas at the pump and refuse to let myself go inside, I do the same thing at the grocery store, I don't even let myself go into the candy aisle or look at the stack of candy bars at the checkout. Logging really helps keep you accountable as well. Seeing how a candy bar costs almost as much as a whole meal really changes the mindset around sugary snacks. Keep at it and don't expect to beat the habit overnight. Feel free to add me if you want to motivate each other!