Is it only me? Or do you LOVE MFP???

Options
I started my fitness journey in late June 2016. I'm down 29.4 pounds. I am thrilled with the slow and consistent weight loss!! When i eat ice cream (& i do) i don't feel guilty. I just log it like anything. I feel empowered by logging my food and i eat much healthier because i do my veggies, fruits, etc often. I'm so excited with MFP i try to share... but nobody wants to try it. They just don't want to log their food. Anyone relate to this??

Replies

• llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yup! I love it too! I eat snacks too@
  • wjscott9
    wjscott9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks & appreciate you snack too :)
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Logging food is a lot of work, especially when you're like me and you have to weigh everything! A lot of people just aren't willing to do the work. I even have a hard time logging. I definitely need to be more consistent.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Logging food is a lot of work, especially when you're like me and you have to weigh everything! A lot of people just aren't willing to do the work. I even have a hard time logging. I definitely need to be more consistent.

Yea, what I keep telling myself is that I have to make the right decision each and every single time.

I don't, and that's okay, as long as I do 99% of the time...and the only way I do that is by telling myself I must do it all the time.
  • corazombie
    corazombie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Without mfp id be lost.. ive met some amazing people
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Everytime I stop using it for any length of time, my habits revert and my weight goes up. Go figure...So yes, I too love this site.
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Yes indeed I do. :smiley:
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    MFP has helped me get to a healthy weight, which I had never been before and didn't even think was possible. It's also helped me maintain for the past couple years. I'm very appreciative. I also tell people about MFP when they ask what I did to lose weight, although I just mention logging and don't get into the nitty gritty of weighing food unless prompted. I've had the same experience in that most people aren't interested in this method, as it seems like a lot of work.

HOWEVER... Many people who ask how you lost the weight aren't ready to consider MFP right then. Just because they don't join up that day, doesn't mean they won't join later. I've had several people ask me about the site and whether I still use it years after first telling them about it. A few have even subsequently joined MFP and lost weight.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I would be lost without it. I had tried it before, just to log foods, but didn't really get the weighing, deficit, etc. knowledge for it to really work. For me, it really helps take some of the choice and frustration out of eating, because as long as I fill my "food bank" I know what to expect each day and week and I'm consistently meeting my goals. I find the support of friends and forums as a bonus getting to lean to people who have experienced what I am experiencing and have made dramatic life changes. It's so inspiring to see and those successes are what keep me coming back every day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!