How Late is to Late for Dinner

Options
bzmommie
bzmommie Posts: 39 Member
Hi All
I was just wondering what the take is on How Late is to Late for Dinner? Is there any set type of rule? I try to eat Dinner no later than 7 but being that it is summer and hotter I have noticed that we are eatting later when it is cooler.
Any ideas on this
Thanks

Replies

• willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I generally try not to eat anything past 2hrs before I go to bed.
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I tend to be a bit of a night owl who's active well into the dark hours, so YMMV, but I don't avoid eating late - in fact, one of my five daily meals is labelled Midnight (I actually eat it anywhere between 10pm and 2am), which should be some indication. :)

Doesn't seem to have stopped me losing weight at all.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    We eat anytime before 8 in the summer (mostly because it's still light and I don't realise how late it is...). I haven't noticed that it's done any harm... (as long as we aren't going to bed at 9, lol). I figure 3 hours before bed is pretty ok. If it's less than that, I tend to eat a heavy snack rather than a meal.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think it's a cultural thing more than anything else - the Spanish tend to eat their evening meal about 10pm!

Total calorie intake is the important thing, not the time they are consumed.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    it doesnt matter when you eat, your body doesnt handle calories any differently at 5pm than it does at 10pm
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    you can eat when ever you want no time rules it was a myth, just like you will catch a cold if you go out with a wet head or no shoes,
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    We farm, so meals are whenever! I do not like eating late, but sometimes it cannot be avoided.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry. I don't have a schedule and so far I am losing. So I think what ever your preference is. If your happy, that is all that matters.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Ive heard you can eat at anytime as long as you give yourself 2 hours to digest before going to bed.
  • Xandralexa
    Xandralexa Posts: 87
    Options
    I have my dinner late. The earliest is 8p, but I usually have my last meal at somewhere between 10pm and Midnight.
    I haven't had a problem losing weight this way also. It's really what you're eating, not the time.
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    you can eat when ever you want no time rules it was a myth, just like you will catch a cold if you go out with a wet head or no shoes,

I agree with this. I've pressed nutritionist on it and never get a satisfactory response so I researched myself. Nothing I found indicates that eating at certain time has in impact other than being a strategy that works for some people. I do try to eat about 2 hours before bed just to avoid heartburn or indegestion issues. Of course now that I no longer eat until I can't hold any more, its not nearly as much of an issue.
  • bzmommie
    bzmommie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you to All..........makes me feel better. :)