How long did it take you to see results?

Options
renae161
renae161 Posts: 334 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
How long did it take you to see results when you first started working out?

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Specifically working out, or would you also like answers for general weight loss..?

If general weight loss, it took about 20-30lbs to see a real difference - at least enough that others commented on it. 5'2", started around 200lbs.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    around day 50 I dropped a pant size. the week before that I honestly thought I was stuck.

I'm on day 82..and my hope is by day 125 to have the extra weight that really bothers me off.
  • renae161
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    Specifically working out, or would you also like answers for general weight loss..?

If general weight loss, it took about 20-30lbs to see a real difference - at least enough that others commented on it. 5'2", started around 200lbs.

It was just in general. I know I'm a long way from my goal and was just curious how other's did.
  • renae161
    Options
    around day 50 I dropped a pant size. the week before that I honestly thought I was stuck.

I'm on day 82..and my hope is by day 125 to have the extra weight that really bothers me off.

That's fantastic! Congratulations. I'm sure you'll make your goal in no time :)
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I check my measurements every month. I am seeing the numbers going down and feeling my clothes getting looser. I am definitely seeing results but its too soon for others to notice it . So far i have lost 18 lbs. Still a long way to go!
  • kitten8u
    kitten8u Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    CJsf1t - you can see you have done really well from your pic! :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose. The leaner you are, the quicker you see results.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I can't tell from your post, do you mean fitness results or weight loss results. I could see fitness results in about a week - better stamina, posture, improved strength, looked better in the mirror. But it took almost a month for the scale to move.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Take pictures wearing the same clothes/underwear. In my case there was a difference after 10lbs but I had to lose 30lbs only.
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You're lucky!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    When I first started at 265? About two months.

On my current post-fulk cut from 177 to wherever I land in five weeks? About 72 hours.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    It takes me 5-6 weeks of being in a consistent deficit to start seeing any scale weight drop. I could see a difference after 10 pounds, but only have a total of around 30 to lose (only 5 to go now). The smaller I get the more noticeable each couple pounds is.
  • renae161
    Options
    I can't tell from your post, do you mean fitness results or weight loss results. I could see fitness results in about a week - better stamina, posture, improved strength, looked better in the mirror. But it took almost a month for the scale to move.

It was a in general question, how did you feel emotionally, how long did it take for the scale to stay down, how long did it take for it to see a visable difference on your physical appearance?

My weight keeps going up and down since i've been exercising. I have my measurements down and I workout everyday even when I dont want to. Some poster's suggested I changed my exercise routine so I did. And, that I invest in weights and other things which I will eventually.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    It takes me 5-6 weeks of being in a consistent deficit to start seeing any scale weight drop. I could see a difference after 10 pounds, but only have a total of around 30 to lose (only 5 to go now). The smaller I get the more noticeable each couple pounds is.

Absolutely. I honestly believe that's a big reason that so many dieters fail/give up when they start from a really bad place (obese or worse). Even at 16-18% bodyfat, it can get frustrating to diet for weeks and see almost no visible change. However, the leaner you get, the more that the little shifts in fat (good and bad) become rapidly apparent.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »

Absolutely. I honestly believe that's a big reason that so many dieters fail/give up when they start from a really bad place (obese or worse). Even at 16-18% bodyfat, it can get frustrating to diet for weeks and see almost no visible change. However, the leaner you get, the more that the little shifts in fat (good and bad) become rapidly apparent.

Yep. I am around the same body fat as you. I have seen great improvements in my arms, back and quads.. but not the stomach yet. And most of my composition gains have been made over the last 5-6 weeks since I have transition to much heavier lifting. And I have only lost about 2 lbs since I started. But hey, I am cool with some recomping.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I had weight loss, looser clothes, and felt stronger within 1-2 weeks.
  • Verolove26
    Verolove26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »

Im 4'11" and im 224, so this us comforting!
  • renae161
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I had weight loss, looser clothes, and felt stronger within 1-2 weeks.

Yea I've noticed that ive had loosed clothes in the last couple weeks too