I just really want to share something.

Options
Today, at high noon, it was within 2-3 degrees of 100 degrees where I live. Heat indexes (indices?) approached 110-115. Yet, as I stepped out into the sauna at 1pm to take my lunch hour, I realized it was going to be WAY, WAY hotter than that in my truck. So I started it up, turned the a/c to let it run a min, and shut the door. Then I stood there for a minute like a doofus -- and the heat hit. Rather than jumping in the truck for the a/c, I CHOSE to take a lap around the parking lot.. "just so the truck's got another min to cool down". As I came back around, I realized... hey, wait. I need exercise. I can do this! So I took 10 minutes and lapped the parking lot at work for 10 laps. I only burned off about 80 calories, but I didn't care about that.

What I cared about was the fact that it is the hottest day, and hottest PART of the day, of the year... and here I was freaking walking laps around my workplace JUST to get in 10 minutes of exercise. It was then I realized, "Holy cow.. I'm in this for the long haul!!" The me from six months ago wouldn't have even thought about walking, much less lapping the park while the "truck cools down". I'd have gotten in anyway, cranked the a/c, and drove away!

Having a non-scale victory like that is great of its own, but to come home from work to find that my eldest sister (and probably biggest fan) had commented on the FB status I posted in regards to my lunch exercise, made me tear up. I just wanted to share it:

"A little bit is better than nothing. Now you don't have to worry about not reaching your goal, cause if you can walk on the hottest day of the year, THAT is dedication. HOORAY FOR THE SKINNY JESS, SHE'S COMING OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" .... :blushing:

Replies

• annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Awesome job hun!!! Keep up the good work!
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    That kind of makes me cry. What an incredible victory!! Great job!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    That's awesome - I'm smiling with pride for ya!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    woo hoo, just be careful in the heat!
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options
    That's so fantastic! Way to go, in it for the long haul for sure!! Great job, and keep it up!! You should be SO proud!!
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    That's awesome, I love it when we notice ourselves improving. Next time be careful of heat stroke tho! That is crazy weather, I know cuz here in Texas it's the same thing. Keep up the good work!
  • winecountrygirl
    winecountrygirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. Have a great week!
  • fatgirlwalking
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me! I cannot tell you how much! Thank you so much for sharing and good luck on your journey.
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    wow thats awesome congrats on you nsv !!!!
  • shellythehippie
    shellythehippie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Doesn't it feel great to realize you've actually changed?!
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Fantastic motivation!

Kris
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    Good for you! Doesn't it feel great to realize you've actually changed?!

It feels terrific, actually... I have moments where I can't quite believe it!

As for the others who mentioned being careful in the heat, that's why I only did 10 minutes.. I easily could have done more, but I know the risks. Thanks for caring enough to mention it!!
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You know, that the fat girl would never have done that! I so agree with your sister, the skinny girl is coming out, and beginning to dominate! That is awesome!
  • promiseskept
    promiseskept Posts: 119
    Options
    Its such a better place to be, I know I never realized how good this would feel when I first started!
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Aww wow, that's fabulous!!! Courage & will rolled into one, good for you!!!!!!!