Need lunch ideas for during the working day

lakehalben35
lakehalben35 Posts: 1 Member
Looking some lunch recipes, that are low cal and suitable to be prepared in advance to bring into the office.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    Last night's leftovers are usually my go to. I'm terrible at remembering to take them with me in the morning!

I'm looking forward to seeing others ideas. I need to change things up!
  • JSaus13
    JSaus13 Posts: 124 Member
    I often buy a huge package of chicken on the weekend. I cut the chicken into "tender-like" slices and grill it with your spice of choice. I then have it for the whole week to make sandwiches, wraps or just plain. Spring mix, radishes, and cucumbers are good almost calorie-less toppings. ALSO! I found a dressing....Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt - Cucumber Dill...60 calories per serving. YUMMMMM.......
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I batch cook soup, stew, chili, curry, stir fry, etc and freeze in portions. During the week I just take out whatever meal I'm in the mood for.
  • mariekathleen78
    mariekathleen78 Posts: 17 Member
    I bought storage containers that fit into those insulated lunch bags. It helps me get more creative and allows me to go for more healthy options when on the go. They sell all different kinds of storage containers. You can get ones to make your own yogurt parfaits all the way to disposable divided trays that will fit in those bags. I've used them for my kids' lunches as well and they love the new and better options I can serve them. Good luck!!
  • kathyrunsfast
    kathyrunsfast Posts: 7,041 Member
    My favorite lunches are hearty soups with lots of vegetables (make big batch on Sunday) and eat all week.
    Brown rice, grilled chicken and a vegetable. (Again, I make large batch on Sunday and then use all week)
    Salads with grilled chicken and vegetables.
    Leftovers work well too.
    Baked potatoes topped with greek yogurt, steamed broccoli, and sprinkle of cheese.
    If I have NOTHING I make an omelet in the morning and reheat for lunch.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    My go-tos are sandwiches and salads when it's warmer. I keep spinach, lettuce, broccoli slaw, berries, cucumbers, peppers, radishes, snap peas and any other veggies that look good or on special on hand. I get the big package of pre-cooked rotisserie chicken breast from Costco and portion into servings and put in the freezer. We also keep lunch meats like ham, turkey or roast beef on hand.

Then the night before, if I want a sandwich I grab a wrap or bagel thin and fill with my protein and other toppings and a fill container of veggies and a piece of fruit.

If I'm more in a salad mood fill and container full of greens and top with a protein then add veggies, fruits, nuts or cheese until I reach my calorie goal. I put dressing in a separate container so salad doesn't get soggy.

This time of year, I lean toward hot foods. Leftovers are my first option. if those are scarce (I have two teen boys eating me out of house and home) then I keep around a variety of canned soups, and low cal frozen meals that I supplement with extra veggies and protein as needed. Something like chicken soup with a garden salad or a miso noodle bowl with a handful of broccoli slaw and extra rotisserie chicken added.
  • Boyer6605
    Boyer6605 Posts: 49 Member
    I like taco salads, I cook a batch of ground turkey with seasoning up at beginning of week. Quick and easy to throw together
  • Yemostica
    Yemostica Posts: 37 Member
    Search for "Clean & Delicious" by Dani spies on YouTube. She has really good recipes for lunch
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Yemostica wrote: »
    Search for "Clean & Delicious" by Dani spies on YouTube. She has really good recipes for lunch

Thank you for this! I've added to my youtube subscription and plan to check it out over the weekend when I go food shopping.
  • mama_bear91215
    mama_bear91215 Posts: 39 Member
    i always have soup on hand, when it's cold i just always want soup it was my lunch today, yesterday and monday too haha i'm so lazy at meal prepping