fwwl Feel like a complete failure

Options
So I was logging for 3 days and yesterday I decided I was going to delete my account everything name and the whole nine yarda. I kept telling myself that I could lose weight on my own truth is I cant I need the support from this site. I feel bad for deleting my other account yesterday I had so many friends I bet I wont even get 1 this time. I refuse to fail at my weight lose I have been doing so good I went feom from 212 to 206.8 already.

Replies

• SammeeBoud
    SammeeBoud Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Dont worry. I did the same thing a few months ago. Ever since i got this app i have gain not lost. We will get there. Always here if you need motivation
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hi Mrs. WEbb..Welcome back. We all have those days so now lets begin again..
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    You came back, that is what matters! You aren't alone, you have the entire forum to chat with.

Are there no ways to reinstate an account?
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    SammeeBoud wrote: »
    Dont worry. I did the same thing a few months ago. Ever since i got this app i have gain not lost. We will get there. Always here if you need motivation

then your doing it all wrong! btw.
  • MrsWebb56
    MrsWebb56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Once u deleted your whole account there is no way to reinstate it u have to start over . Thanks im hoping to stick with it and reach my goals
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    MrsWebb56 wrote: »
    Once u deleted your whole account there is no way to reinstate it u have to start over . Thanks im hoping to stick with it and reach my goals

Definitely post around a bit more! Even if it is in games, some kind of thread where you show off what you are eating [when I had more time to pack cute foods for lunch, I went to the Bento thread], etc.
  • insane_zephyr
    insane_zephyr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've never deleted but I have been on mfp for quite a few years now, just inactive. Recently I have started logging on more often and I feel motivated when I see everyone losing so much weight (although I still struggle with overeating). Don't worry, it'll come to you...welcome back. Feel free to add me :)
  • elleelle03
    elleelle03 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, I've been off track for about a month and gained back the 6lbs I lost ugh! but not going to give up. Getting my motivation back has been a challenge but I think I'm on the right track. This site helps keep me motivated. You're not alone!
  • MrsWebb56
    MrsWebb56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    You might want to work on your attitude- if you say you are a "complete failure" that doesn't really inspire others to want to friend you because what kind of support can you give others? They may want to help you and offer support to you, but that is a very one-sided relationship- what will you give them in return?

Also the whole pity party attitude of "I bet I won't get even 1 friend this time"... when you already had lots of friends and then just deleted them. So if you didn't value your friends the first time why would they want to friend you again?

I don't say this to make you feel bad but for a dose of tough love to remind you not to be so focused on yourself and your setbacks - we all have setbacks, we all have needs, this is normal, and being part of the myfitnesspal community means helping others too not just them helping you.

You need to work on consistency, commitment, and get out of your own head and feeling sorry for yoursel- that's a very hard starting point for a weight loss journey.

Also you were having success so I don't even get why you would suddenly delete your account? If something is working, why stop?? Why did you feel like a failure when you were having weight loss and were on your way to reaching your goals? I don't understand. If you were seeing results why would you not want to continue, and then even go so far as to delete your account rather than just not use it if you didn't want to, and just see how that went first?

I think you really need to think about how much you want this and why. And what made you want to quit despite the fact that it was working.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    One thing that m a y help you not delete again is that once you get your food all entered into the database and get your food list populated, it takes only a couple minutes per meal to log food. Even during times when I don't want to interact in the forums I still have my food saved.

I'll never delete my account unless they start charging everyone.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    The thing I keep reminding myself is that time is going to go by anyway. We are just weeks away from Christmas, for pete's sake! I started MFP this second time, just 45 days ago. In another 45 days where do I want to be weight wise. In the past 3 weeks I have lost and regained, and lost again 3 lbs. Am I gonna beat myself up about? No, it just reaffirms that I need to make more good choices than not so good choices. I can do that. I can do that today. So just pat yourself on the back and make one more good choice than you do a bad choice. Coming back here and posting, is a great choice. If you pick up a donut and take a bite, one bite, it's better than the whole donut. Get what I'm saying? Just by coming back here daily, you already start your day with one good choice.

You can do it!
  • beginforthelasttime16
    Options
    You've got this but other people can't carry you on the journey!

I love the accountability of this app, the challenges I can join, the advice I get, etc but I know I still have to do the work and some days, I just don't feel like doing it. But then the next day or in a few days I pull myself up by my bootstraps and get going again.

Never quit on yourself- you are sending the message that everyone should quit on you and that's just not true.
    Never think that you aren't worth the time
    And know that you'll get out of it exactly what you put in so give it all you have.

Focus on your reasons for taking control of your health and not the reasons why it's so hard.

You can beat this
  • beginforthelasttime16
    Options
    And then I click on your page and it's gone again.....
  • Cantseemafeet
    Cantseemafeet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You have to look at the long term goals over the short term results, don't beat yourself up if you haven't lost or even gained a little in the short term. The overall goal is to lose the weight over time and gain back your health. Don't mistreat yourself and beat yourself up, you'll get there. It might take a few days longer but the your eventual goals will be met if you focus on the end result. Good luck and keep moving toward the goal line.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for years....inactive for many of them with spurts of 'trying' and then fading away. I did have a health wake up call and now I am approaching day 200 of logging. So far I've managed to lose 24 pounds and when I have so much to lose that seems so minimal but the truth is I gained all of this weight over a span of two decades - it is not going to fall off in 200 days or 365 days. It is going to take time! I say all that to tell you - don't give up. Send out friend requests and I know that you will receive some also. You've got to do the work but you can definitely count on this community to encourage, to provide advice, to give you the kick in the pants that you need....just don't give up.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above 6-7 replies why this constant back and forth, friending people then deleting the lot??? I don't understand
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    OP is gone again..

I think the tough love post above got to her.... it might have me too for one minute.. but the mature woman inside me would have realized I am having serious pity parties and looking for others to continually lift me up and carry me to the finish line (but there is no finish line and if one thinks this is over after losing, they are wrong..LOL) ..

OP will figure all this out on her own and in her own time. I know us here in the community especially those that are "seniors" here, have seen this type of thing before and in all sincerity .. really can't save someone from themselves.

Really do hate seeing things like this..