Looking for support buddies!

Options
Hey y'all! I'm currently stalled at a little over 18 lbs down and I'm just looking for some buddies who are on a similar journey to help keep me going :)

A little about me:
I am a stay at home mom to beautiful 5 month old boy/girl twins. I've struggled with my weight for most of my adult life. I'm really hoping MFP is my ticket to health and skinny jeans!
My highest weight was 286 a few years ago. My MFP starting weight was 257 and I'm currently at 239. Ideally, I'd like to be 145ish but I've started with a goal of 60 lbs to lose. Right now, I just want to see a 1 at the beginning of my weight :)
My goals are to be healthy for my husband and my babies and to be able to wear pretty dresses, high heels, and my skinny jeans!

If anyone can relate, please be my motivation buddy :)

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the twins! I just had a baby girl and she's 5 months old too. I love MFP and the support. I am not losing as quickly as I like but hey I'm trying! I'm trying to get to 145ish too! Add me if you want :)
  • beautynthalight
    beautynthalight Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    look no further...u can be my friend :happy:
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to losing weight with y'all!!
  • Moodymona
    Moodymona Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    yay can i join?!! i need the support im a self defeated person lol i am gonna need all the support i can get lol
  • ddiana21
    ddiana21 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Count me In:) Add me ddiana21:smile:
  • banjobaby
    banjobaby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i can totally relate, i've struggled with my weight for my adult life and i am at my highest. i'm a mama too (my son's 4) and feel like i need to make getting healthy happen! i'd love to be friends on here and support each other! :)
  • whathappenedtome
    Options
    I can certainly relate to your current feelings. My one and only "child" is 30 and I am a stay-at-home retired nurse. I watched my weight blossom (or should I say EXPLODE!) over the past 15 years and did nothing except get depressed about it. In January, I don't really know why, I decided to change. At that time I weighed 230 lbs. I now weigh 185. I did not do any extreme dieting, I joined weight watchers. I am eating smart and getting great results without feeling deprived. The only exercise I do is walking, about 2 miles daily, with my dog, My neighborhood is very hilly so it is a good workout for me.

The key to success is a positive outlook and not depriving yourself - at least not too much. Anything in moderation is not a sin and substituting healthy foods for the high carbs and empty calorie foods will help you reach your goal.

Good luck, stay positive, and remember, "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to having so many new motivation buddies!!