Staying on track?

kristenwilson_
kristenwilson_ Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone have any advice for staying on track? I am having a hard time eating clean especially. I will mostly eat well all day then totally binge out at night. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Find a hobby or something to keep you busy in the evening so you don't think about food. That's what has been working for me. It could be a simple as reading a book, doing crafts, etc.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Were you planning on "eating clean" only until you hit your goal weight? You can have foods you want, just in moderation [smaller quantities].

After all, while something sounds like it is good, it must be sustainable.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    Just try to spread out your calories for success..then once you're into the routine you can perfect your diet. Leave enough calories for the evening if that is when you fall off track. Plan tasty snacks that fit into your goal. My latest fun thing to eat are stuffed mushrooms I make. Also don't have junk food in the house or you're going to eat it. That's setting yourself up for failure.
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Hi Kristen, what does "eating clean" and "binge" mean to you? Besides terminology are you struggling with eating below the calories mfp assigns you? Is your goal too ambitious? Have you tried to change your weight loss goal to half a pound per week? I did this change and it relieved so much pressure to "diet" &it's working! Not sure if that is the same struggle you have?
  • MeganCannon
    MeganCannon Posts: 29 Member
    I am a late night eater so I changed the structure of my day so I can save my calories for the night.
  • mikevfr
    mikevfr Posts: 47 Member
    Eat normally and track your calories closely. Then reduce calories by substituting foods or reducing portion sizes.

Eating' clean' is not sustainable for me. Controlling calories is sustainable.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    No need to eat clean, just create a calorie deficit. Exercise helps pass time, makes you feel good, improves body composition and helps burn calories.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Enjoy your meals, no need to deprive, just take the time to plan and get smart about your choices :)
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    I've been having a hard time the past few months. I was down 34lbs, now I've gained 5 back.
    Playing games on myself, because I'm still 29lbs down, some stress, and pumpkin spice season is temporary right ...

I've joined a challenge. I'm trying to walk more. And I'm posting this for personal accountability.

Hopefully something triggers more weigh loss for me (still 50lbs to goal). It's tough to keep motivated when the lbs don't drop as easy.