Ready some accountability

Options
In 2008 I lost 75lbs and while this has put me at a weight of 153lbs at 5'8, I owe that weightloss to intense exercise, not diet. It's time for me to get my diet under control. I have come to realize that I am an emotional eater and until I gain control over food I will never be able to lose the last 10-15lbs and then maintain that weight. Every single day is such a huge struggle for me. I do amazing until about 5pm and then it seems to all come crashing down. I hope this site will help me when I am wanting to binge and will lead to some accountability. There is nothing more I want than to NOT count every calorie and to just make healthy choices like there is no other option.

So I went grocery shopping today and stocked my fridge full of veggies, fruit, healthy grains and healthy snacks and hope this will help me on my quest to gain control over myself, my urges, and my destructive eating habits.

I guess the upside is that I do love to exercise and can't go a day without hitting the gym for at least an hour and a half to two hours. I am currently in training for a marathon and hope to complete one in 2009 as it is one of my new year's resolutions, even if that means crawling across the finish line. Any other runners out there?

Replies

• healthy_me
    Options
    In 2008 I lost 75lbs and while this has put me at a weight of 153lbs at 5'8, I owe that weightloss to intense exercise, not diet. It's time for me to get my diet under control. I have come to realize that I am an emotional eater and until I gain control over food I will never be able to lose the last 10-15lbs and then maintain that weight. Every single day is such a huge struggle for me. I do amazing until about 5pm and then it seems to all come crashing down. I hope this site will help me when I am wanting to binge and will lead to some accountability. There is nothing more I want than to NOT count every calorie and to just make healthy choices like there is no other option.

So I went grocery shopping today and stocked my fridge full of veggies, fruit, healthy grains and healthy snacks and hope this will help me on my quest to gain control over myself, my urges, and my destructive eating habits.

I guess the upside is that I do love to exercise and can't go a day without hitting the gym for at least an hour and a half to two hours. I am currently in training for a marathon and hope to complete one in 2009 as it is one of my new year's resolutions, even if that means crawling across the finish line. Any other runners out there?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Not a runner here but I wanted to welcome you to MFP and wish you luck on that marathon!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • KFought
    KFought Posts: 10
    Options
    I just started to turn my life around myself and like "Healthy me" I loved working out at one point in my life...Im now hoping to find that old me again and I have started this great weight loss challenge and hoping anyone on here could share thier tips on what they did to help shed the pounds. Thanks and good luck to all on here... :flowerforyou:
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey- I am a newbie runner! But have been doing MPF for a while- (signed up in April but didn't start logging until Aug) I did my first 10K on veteran's day and I have my first 1/2 marathon the end of May! I am so excited to do it! It feels good.

I spend about 1 1/2 hours in the gym five days a week because I really do love it- but also because I really want to be able to eat those extra cals. I sign up to do the runs because it gets my mind off the lbs. and allows me to remember this is not just about the scale but also about being fit and challenging myself.

Good luck with your marathon- and those last 10 lbs. I know you'll do great. MPF is a great way to really track what your eating and there are lots of people blogging about WHY we're doing it. There's one article about binge eating that struck a chord for me... Let me see if I can find it...
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am not a runner, I have never been. but I do exercise everyday.