Low Carb Sweets

Options
awebb0111
awebb0111 Posts: 2 Member
Anyone have some delicious low carb sweets ideas?! I am missing chocolate so very much.

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Why can't you eat chocolate on your "diet"?
  • MonarchCat
    MonarchCat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but am following a 1200 calorie per day diet, trying to focus on getting enough protein and other healthy foods in. I know for me, right now, there's not a lot of room for treats. Someday there will be. When I need something sweet I take half a Quest cookie dough protein bar, cut it in four small squares, squish them down and bake them for about 5 minutes per side. Makes a very small, but tasty warm chocolate chip cookie treat.

Looking forward to seeing others ideas as well! :)
  • LovelessFool
    LovelessFool Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of sweets you can still eat on your "diet". Some may bark about using an artificial sweetener or having sugar alcohols but you have to choose what is right for you. As you change your eating habits to be more healthy you'll start to notice cravings subside over time.

Dark chocolate Almonds as an example have been shown to have great health benefits but just have them in moderation. Have 10 almonds as a snack and not half a bag =)

My suggestion is to use google and you can find tons of options. Some sugar free stuff is great and some is horrible. Just do a little research and don't be afraid to go down the candy isle looking for options that can give you a fix but not throw you over your calorie goal.

As your change in diet is new you will be forming these new habits over time so using something to help you ween yourself off can work for you. I quit cold turkey with my snacking etc...for well over 3.5 months now although I've had a few sugar free werthers candies here and there and Russell Stover has some pretty tasty sugar-free options too. I've lost 100lbs now but I was quite heavy before and still have a ways to go.

Smarter choices will help you attain your goal. Everyone handles diet change differently so there not one right answer. Try to find something that will work for you and over time you can work on trying to phase out the craving all together. You can do it!

Good luck with everything!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Russell Stover sugar free candy
    Breyer's carbsmart ice cream
    Hunt's snack pack sugar free pudding
  • charlottestojkovic607
    Options
    As long as you only get 1200 calories per day, you can intake whatever you want :)
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Keto Sour Cream Donuts

1/2 Cup Erythritol
    1 C Sour Cream
    2/3 Cup Coconut Flour
    1/2 t salt
    3 large eggs
    4T heavy cream
    1/4t vanilla
    1/2 t baking powder
    3/4 Cup melted butter

Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together. Then mix all together. Pour into a prepared donut pan. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

Nutrition:
    Calories: 242, Fat 22g, Carb:8 (net carbs 3g), Fiber 5g, Protein 4g

These are AMAZING!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    check out www.theproteinchef.co lots of low carb recipes.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    A small amount of chocolate is low carb!

A couple of squares of Lindt Excellence 80% would be my choice.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    And once more, I AM HERE TO SING THE PRAISES OF HALO TOP ICE CREAM~.

24g protein, between 240-380 calories PER PINT of ice cream, depends on your flavor. Is also low carb [label says it, but I dunno if for whole pint, or only per serving]. My bae - Chocolate Mocha Chip @ 280 calories for the pint. Omfg. x-x All them period cravings, poof, so chocolaty. Here is the nutritional label for this particular flavor.

Srsly. Halo Top, you need to start paying me.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a low carb diet, but I really like very dark chocolate. A square of lindt 90% only has 3 grams of carbs, 1 of which is fiber.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite treats is coffee flavored Greek yogurt mixed with chocolate whey to make a mocha pudding. If you like coffee, a little coco in coffee is delicious. You could also eat just about anything if you keep your portions under control and plan for the calories.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
  • ArchyRunner
    ArchyRunner Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    check out www.theproteinchef.co lots of low carb recipes.

^^This! I just discovered this site the other day, loads of recipes and all have great reviews. I did a cheesecake recipe that was perfect!
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free jello cups with a spoonful of light whipped cream. orange and lime are my favorite. I also like strawberries, and I drizzle them with Hershey's syrup. it gets my chocolate fix.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    ? Black beanbrownies
  • Melemur
    Melemur Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When ever I want sweets I check out Pinterest to YouTube for low carb desserts I mainly do keto desserts and they don't taste that bad
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    As long as you only get 1200 calories per day, you can intake whatever you want :)

I didn't see where OP says she only gets 1200 calories a day. She is inferring a low carb diet.

Plenty of women lose weight eating more than 1200 calories. That's a choice. It's just a popular number because it's the lowest default minimum. Weight loss really shouldn't be a one-size-fits-all.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    awebb0111 wrote: »
    Anyone have some delicious low carb sweets ideas?! I am missing chocolate so very much.

You can buy sugar-free chocolate chips, and there are some great LC choc-chip cookies recipes using carbalose flour.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    gwenmf wrote: »
    Keto Sour Cream Donuts

1/2 Cup Erythritol
    1 C Sour Cream
    2/3 Cup Coconut Flour
    1/2 t salt
    3 large eggs
    4T heavy cream
    1/4t vanilla
    1/2 t baking powder
    3/4 Cup melted butter

Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together. Then mix all together. Pour into a prepared donut pan. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

Nutrition:
    Calories: 242, Fat 22g, Carb:8 (net carbs 3g), Fiber 5g, Protein 4g

These are AMAZING!!!

Copied and saved! I'm going to have to try these, sounds great!