Currently pregnant and tracking macros

Options
Anyone else found a good app that is tailored to tracking nutrition during pregnancy?

Replies

• trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'd <3 to find one! I have absolutely NO IDEA how much I should be eating...
  • Iwillnevergiveup2016
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'd say when pregnant, it's best to just pay attention to your body/hunger as it's virtually impossible to anticipate the needs of the baby on a daily basis.. best to just eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full, and eat a diet rich in protein (including fish), healthy oils, fruits, vegetables, a few whole grains/dairy, drink plenty of water, and avoid chemicals/preservatives at all costs. wish you the best :)
  • janjan1981
    janjan1981 Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I was reading about this and the suggested guideline for "eating for two" is:
    1. No extra calories the first trimester
    2. 300 extra calories a day the second trimester
    3. 500 extra calories a day the third trimester

Achieve this with healthy foods...don't eat an extra 300 calories of KFC for example. I read that two glasses of skim milk and a bowl of oatmeal is about 300 calories.

Again this is just a guideline...your doctor may suggest eating more/less if you are underweight/overweight. Also this only applies to singleton pregnancies, not multiples. You need more calories for multiples.

After confirming with my doctor that this is okay, I'm just going to adjust my goal on MFP to account for the extra calories I need. (Just found out I'm pregnant myself!)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »
    I'd <3 to find one! I have absolutely NO IDEA how much I should be eating...

Maintenance and then maintenance plus 300 cals in the last 3 months is the usual advice isn't it?