Cravings....

Options
mandeiko
mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
What are all of your strategies to shy away from those evil cravings??

I usually drink tea or coffee as something to keep my mind off my horrible sweet tooth. :)

Replies

• cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I chew sugar- free gum ....a lot!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Ive bought the fiber one brownies and I eat those. When the cravings really start to hit I will eat like 2 and then think to myself ok no more!! You know what will happen if you eat too much fiber!!!
  • Reisse62
    Reisse62 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A 60 calorie tootsie pop or a bag of 100 calorie popcorn and lots of water sometimes works for me.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Ive bought the fiber one brownies and I eat those. When the cravings really start to hit I will eat like 2 and then think to myself ok no more!! You know what will happen if you eat too much fiber!!!

These are new favoties...I also like the Fiber One 90 calorie bars! :)
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    All such good ideas!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    sip on water, chew sugar free gum, have a low calorie popsicle, or go brush my teeth, or do something to keep mind and hands busy
  • mommy3brats
    Options
    I do the tootsie rolls too or sometimes a diet root beer.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem... I dont eat ENOUGH.

Course, what I am eating is "usually" 100% healthy foods. So that helps keep me full.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    don't buy them
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Exercise to make room for the calories so I can eat.

If I can't exercise enough to eat the amount I want, that usually stops me from overeating. "Do I REALLY want to spend another 30 minutes on this bike?"

But yeah, if you have a hard time controlling your portions, don't allow them in the house so you CAN'T give in to cravings in the middle of the night, etc. !
  • babydraco269
    Options
    Don't talk to my mother, chew gum, and remember my goals, and choose my priorities. Do I really want that candy bar? Or do i want a tight, rockin *kitten* that can stop traffic? easy choice.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

i love these.. they too are my saving grace... and they are soooo tasty