Eggnog - Yes or no?

Options

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Well, yes! Why not. Its so darnd good and gives everybody a nice warm feeling when its snowy outside!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Not a fan...
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    screw eggnog. COQUITO is where its at. Coquito is Eggnog's tastier, sexier, puerto rican cousin. Eggnog uses eggs, milk,spices and whatever booze you found in the bar that day. Coquito uses eggs, cream of coconut, sweetened condensed millk, evaporated milk, rum, and the same spices.

its a massive calorie bomb, but if you make it right and use a really high quality rum you should be able to hide so much booze in there that you only need a glass or two!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Ok, guys, would love some home recipes. I cut the stuff from the store about in half with booze (rum or bourbon--I'm not a bourbon drinker, but I know some southerners are purists about this). It's still too sweet, though.

LPflaum, give it up! Let's have that Coquito recipe!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,203 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Ok, guys, would love some home recipes. I cut the stuff from the store about in half with booze (rum or bourbon--I'm not a bourbon drinker, but I know some southerners are purists about this). It's still too sweet, though.

LPflaum, give it up! Let's have that Coquito recipe!

I have a recipe for a good homemade eggnog, but after Googling a few versions of Coquito I'm not sure if I'll suffer through making it again. LOL. The Coquito looks to be a gazillion times quicker and easier.
  • renae161
    renae161 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I like eggnog, but wouldn't have it all the time and I prefer homemade nog rather than store bought.
  • DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yes on taste, HELL NO on calories. It's like 1000 calories for one cup or something ridiculous. WHY
  • mockorange13
    mockorange13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mostly in coffee during the holidays though. When I was younger I could down huge glasses of that thick, beautiful, sweet, mouth orgasmic concoction! :

Egg Nog makes awesome creamer!! I have a problem drinking too much at one time if I have it sitting in my refrigerator.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I bet I could make a lower calorie egg nog with kefir, nutmeg and stevia.

Blech! Kefir is too tart. The egg adds mellowness. That would not be eggnog.

I drink it if it is delicious. But surprisingly the vegan coconut milk eggnog substitutes can turn out delicious. And are half the calories.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i haven't had it in years but i liked it when i was a kid... the no fun booze kind. Think il make some this year tho.. with fun booze.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    absolutely
  • K3rB3ar89
    K3rB3ar89 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yuck lol
  • Paschen81
    Paschen81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love egg nog but will have to abstain from it as its so high in calories compared to it's portion size. It's not good to drink your daily calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Paschen81 wrote: »
    I love egg nog but will have to abstain from it as its so high in calories compared to it's portion size. It's not good to drink your daily calories.

It's fine to do on occasion...
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Good lord have mercy.... I just put a recipe in the recipe builder.... and that was with artificial sweetener! !Ay caramba! The Silk alternative looks super reasonable by comparison. Thanks for that!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,203 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Good lord have mercy.... I just put a recipe in the recipe builder.... and that was with artificial sweetener! !Ay caramba! The Silk alternative looks super reasonable by comparison. Thanks for that!

One of the reasons it's a once a year thing. Hehe.
  • Paschen81
    Paschen81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Paschen81 wrote: »

It's fine to do on occasion...

Ah but if I abstain I won't remember how delicious it was/is and therefore won't crave for it. :)
  • OMFGbry
    OMFGbry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I loveeeee egg nog
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Maybe once during the season. Maybe not. Actually. I'll skip, thanks