Meeting at On the Border..what to eat???

Options
I already blew up yesterday (sushi buffett) :mad: so today is on the Border mexican resturant with the girls...I am looking at the menu and calories and holy crap! The salads have like 1000 calories w/out dressing. :noway: Even splitting some of the meals will still keep me in the 500-600 range (and that is no chips...)

Do you think its the cheese in the salads?

Replies

• coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I already blew up yesterday (sushi buffett) :mad: so today is on the Border mexican resturant with the girls...I am looking at the menu and calories and holy crap! The salads have like 1000 calories w/out dressing. :noway: Even splitting some of the meals will still keep me in the 500-600 range (and that is no chips...)

Do you think its the cheese in the salads?
  • lobita44
    lobita44 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't know about the menu, but a suggestion about the chips...bring your own...buy some baked ones, count out a serving or two, and bring them in a baggie to the restaurant! That way you won't eat way too much! Good luck...eating out is tough!:smile:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    It's hard to find Mexican that is nutritious or lower cal. Get tacos or bean burritos and ask for the cheese on the side so you can add just a little. Get the taco salad out of the bowl with chicken istead of beef and that will save you a bunch.

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • fiddlechic
    Options
    fajita chicken salad with only the lettuce, chicken, salsa, guacamole-healthy fat, pico de gallo, i bring my own kraft singles ranch packets...
  • fiddlechic
    Options
    oh! or a la carte veggie taco. I get that sometimes. it has one tortilla, lettuce, pico de gallo, 2 slices of avocado.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Boy am I glad I don't like Mexican food or sushi! :laugh:
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    If you get one of the salads, leave off the cheese and avacado. Use salsa instead of salad dressing. That's about the best you can do!