Exercise Streak/Cut out Alcohol

Options
Today is my 8th day in a row of exercising for at least 20 minutes a day AND having no alcohol! I'm sure this helped tremendously over the weekend as this is (I assume) what halted my weight loss before after I had lost 40 I continued to do well during the week but on weekends struggled because I was drinking and then would make unhealthy food choices. Hoping this will help me get back on track! I'm proud that I've made exercise part of my daily routine and hope I can continue on this path!! When I had lost 40 lbs before I didn't exercise on weekends, this is the first time I've continued to keep the streak going including weekends! Who else has had small victories lately!? :)

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep going!

I am exactly like you with the alcohol. I eat very healthy and I have always exercised (I love to exercise) during the week but I would mess it all up on the weekends from binge drinking. I've been on track these last 3 weeks and I am seeing results and I am so happy to be able to feel great on the weekends and not have a hangover! LOL!
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I also cut out alcohol (during the week) and noticed better workouts and better eating habits all week. Plus it gives me even more to look out for on the weekend, not quite ready to give that up yet :-)
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It was hard for me! I used it as an excuse on the weekends to slack I guess! Glad you can still enjoy yourself :)
  • bluesson001
    bluesson001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Am in the same boat. You guys HELP
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm on 64 #soberdays. Alcohol gives me the munchies and I just can't afford those calories.

Way to go, OP!
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    QuikSylver--- that's how it was for me too! Alcohol would make me want to eat the bad stuff! I'm hoping it will help me LOTS! I feel a lot better... sleep better and have more energy and it's only been 10 days.
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Alcohol was a killer for my progress. Luckily for me I was in a motorcycle accident in May and one of the injuries was a lacerate liver, the doctor told me not to drink for a few months and being that I like this whole "living" thing, I agreed to abide by his recommendations. It has helped to keep some weight off by not drinking on weekends. Like others I would start drinking, then break out the nuts and munch on them all night. Not good for weight loss. Now that I'm ready to start again, Alcohol is not a factor for me (much) so I'll see if it will help. I would not recommend injuries to help curb drinking, but I'm here to tell you it makes a ton of difference in your weightloss.