New with a long road ahead

Options
I just joined a few days ago. I have a long road ahead and I know that this site is going to help! Just wanted to introduce myself and I am glad to hear that there are people out there with the same struggles as me.

Replies

• sholtz79
    sholtz79 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too just joined and have a pretty long road. I would like to lose about 60-75 lbs! I had every intention to start on Monday and was so pumped and then we had a huge storm go through my area and we were without power until early this morning!! Needless to say I didn't get off to the start I wanted but I got right back on track with my dinner tonight and tomorrow is another day! Feel free to add me as a friend for some motivation and a buddy :)
  • jazzijessica
    jazzijessica Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    am new also am looking for motivation here. Hope this works have tried so many different things! Good luck on your goals. feel free to add
  • bomomar
    bomomar Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Greetings we have a little competition for fun if you want to check it out. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bomomar
  • browneyes1022
    Options
    Well your off to a great so far MFP is amazing and everyone is very helpful. Good luck!
  • Cricket039
    Cricket039 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome... I just joined about two weeks ago. I too have a long journey!! So far I have lost 10lbs. baby steps :)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP.

Make sure you make the long road a enjoyable one. No matter what you do, if you have fun doing it, it won't be a problem it will become a hobby, something you do for pleasure rather then results.

Good luck.
  • tastigger
    tastigger Posts: 65
    Options
    Welcome - always looking for people to support & help support me. I also have a long haul but this site is really great for tracking food. My weight loss has been slower, but half the battle is at least tracking what I eat & when I exercise so I am not surprised by the scale.

Wishing you lots of luck!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! For those of us with a long road, it's even more important to use the great people here as support. And to develop a clear plan, small goals, and stick with it!!

So glad to have you here!
    D.