Add/follow people??

Options
I've been on/off MFP for a while now but only realised today that you can add people on it dah! So can you see peoples food diaries and recipes? I tend to eat same food all the time be nice to get ideas to mix it up a bit! Plus do people track all their exercise? Iv started just putting one in so I know iv done a workout or class that day but I'd have no idea of calories burned.

Replies

• catfpower
    catfpower Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    And one more question!! How do you add people because none of my own friends are on this so it's kinda a lonely journey!
  • yumesoraki
    yumesoraki Posts: 4,859 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @catfpower
    Click on their username, you'll go to a popup with their name and message/block,
    Click on their username again. Click Add As Friend. It'll prompt if you wanna say why you wanna be friends.
    *boop*
  • catfpower
    Options
    Great thanks I thought I had to send them a message first!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    its polite and should be required to at least include a message as to why you want to add the person and how you came to find them. blank FR's get denied!~
  • catfpower
    Options
    That makes sense I just didn't know what I'd say to anyone! Thanks!
  • The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've made some great friends on MFP. Hopefully you can meet some great people too.
  • yumesoraki
    yumesoraki Posts: 4,859 Member
    Options
    I typically would write in if I know of any common interests based on posts.
    Such as:
    Sailor Jupiter Rocks! Slytherin FTW! or I would just say Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na... BATMAN!
  • catfpower
    edited October 2016
    Options
    :D I think I'm just a little weirded out by the idea of online friends! But I now have 4!
  • alxge56
    alxge56 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hi to answer your question which i am delighted; you can get a garmin vivofit HR band it is great tool and updates your calories burnt with myfitnesspal
  • catfpower
    Options
    To be honest not into gadgets. Maybe I'm better off not knowing because I know I'm the type that will see it as a free pass to eat some biscuits :D
  • jshirtcliffe
    jshirtcliffe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was using an android smart watch (Sony SmartWatch 3) which is supposed to count your steps/ calories with Google Fit, and syncs to MFP. However I found it was over-estimating the calories burned by a long way, so I turned it off basically ignoring all 'ambient' calories. I guess a FitBit wristband (or equivalent) is probably your best bet.

For logging workouts I use apps on my phone and they update in your 'diary' automatically once you link them. Sworkit for cardio + strength workouts. Strava for running and cycling. Not sure if there's one magic app that allows you to pull everything together especially if you do Yoga or some other custom exercises.