Help, hope, motivation, action, and change...Any thoughts?

Options
Life has taken an enourmous turn. Beginning life over. Mom of 5 year twins: dealing with excess eating to cope with life's stresses and, of course, the weight has crept up. Insight: Learning to reach out. Learning to experience uncomfortable feelings without filling my tummy to feel better. Hmmmm....any thoughts?

Replies

• AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 and 4 yo. I cut my job back to 28hrs a week to go back to school full time.
    I am a stress eating machine sometimes, worse now than ever. To combat the stress eating chaos i have been picking just one or 2 things to change each week the changes add up quick. The best one for me so far has been drinking hot tea when I want candy and chips on a stress crappy day.
  • Gracedtimes2
    Gracedtimes2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tea idea! I've been practicing to remember to breathe when I'm feeling stressed, ha ha! Although I'm attempting to limit my friend feed, i would love if you'd add me as your friend if interested.
  • zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm also a stress/emotional eater so I relate to what you shared.

In my experience, feeling uncomfortable feelings takes practice. Here's a snippet that I shared on my feed re: deep breathing:

Get quiet. Every time I go to the bathroom (it's private haha!), I'll take 3 deep breaths to simply check-in with my body.

On the first breath I'll bring my awareness to my feet and move up.
    On the second breath, I'll quickly scan for any tension or discomfort from the head down.
    On the third breath, I'll send a hit a appreciation to my body for being awesome.
  • Gracedtimes2
    Gracedtimes2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks