Girls ONLY! Resisting during that special TOM?

Options
Okay, I consider myself a fairly disciplined person, especially since joining MFP. However, during that special week that all of us girls just loveee so much, how do you personally resist the urge to eat a pound of m&ms in one night or that late night stop for mozzarella sticks?? I'm currently resisting my usual temptation for this (Blue Bell ice cream) but I still have extra calories left over and I'm wondering, "How bad can it be for me if I just cut myself a break especially since I still have more than 500 calories left over for the rest of the night?". I know my logic is flawed but I would really like someone's opinion on this...

Replies

• fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I ave the same issue! And I would like to know what others do too, cuz I agree if you have enough left over then why not. Sometimes you need to, and if it wont hurt anything then I say go for it! But I am somewhat new at this so I could be totally wrong. Good luck either way.
  • rebeccaleec
    rebeccaleec Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The thing I have had to start doing is just keep tons of fruit in my house. and when I get a sweet craving just go for the fruit instead. It can be very tough sometimes though!
  • michelledehority
    Options
    have you tried the weight watchers ice cream? i love it!.. or maybe see if a yogurt will help.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Can't tell ya. I'm there myself but I "failed" with some pretzel chips and my DH brought me home a frosty. :sad:

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Fiber one has 90 calorie brownies. That does it for me.
  • leigh33ca
    leigh33ca Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    What about portion control. A kiddie size icecream cone, Halloween bag of chips. I know the feeling! I am a chocolate and salt girl then. When I first started the healthy life style (won't say diet) I allowed myself 1 treat a day. Mostly it was a chocolate chip granola bar as if I had a cookie or chocolate bar I was done for. That said I moved up to the Three muskateers mints (MOG awesome)! 2 pieces for 160 calories. So I would have one piece early and save the other for later.

Resist.. you'll feel better later.. and I found out too that if I ate healthy all month TOM wasn't as painful as when I all that crap!

Good luck!

leigh
  • msbookworm7
    Options
    I agree this is the hardest time to stay with my diet but I have recently found that I enjoy Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut Butter and I like to eat it with either an apple or saltine cracker. Its still not as good as just fruits and veggies but it helps my craving. Also I like the bag of individual Dove chocolates and for a snack here and there I give myself 2 or 3 pieces. Other people probably have much better advice which I will enjoy reading and trying but for now this helps me when I want to eat an entire package of Oreos!

Lindy :smile:
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Two days of TOM are my "cheat days"... I cut myself some slack, then get back on track. (Which doesn't mean eating a whole cheesecake, but I definitely have more calories and more treat foods than normal.)
  • KaylaShianne
    Options
    When I feel like I really want a certain food- usually ice cream or chocolate- and I have plenty of left over calories I drink a glass of water, then if i still really want the treat I will measure out a serving and have it. I mean you have to live a little and if you are disciplined most of the time a lil treat isnt going to ruin everything. just make sure you stop at that serving and dont decide that you want a heaping bowl full! I always feel less stressed about it after I have a bit and it's not constantly on my mind then.