5ft 4 women...how many calories do you eat?

Options
Just wondering if you are 5 ft 4 and losing weight, what is your daily calorie intake?

I do 1500 which is higher than mfp recommends buts it's the lowest I can sustain at the moment. If I'm honest probably 5 out of 6 days I 'accidentally' go over to around 1550-1600 calories.

Just curious?!

Replies

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    I am 5'4" have been doing the 1200 calories a day, to be honest a few months. I do walk/jog about 45 minutes a night and do water aerobics too. I was dropping the weight pretty good, now I seem to be at a stalemate, not sure how to get out of it.....
  • poodysue
    poodysue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My daily allowance is 1240 but I'm old and sedentary! I usually try to get out several times a week for a decent walk with my dog so that I have a few more calories to play with but try not to eat all my exercise calories. I find that a good vegetable stew and lots of greens fills me up without being high calorie but I struggle on a regular basis and often have a week where I go over every day and put back a couple of pounds. I figure that if the general trend is downwards, which it is, then that's OK. I've lost a stone over the last year but it's often 4lbs off, 2lbs on. Over time I'm still reducing my weight.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    The important part is what works for you.

If that calorie level is comfortable, sustainable, and you are at a deficit so that you lose weight then you've found your happy place.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I, too, am 5'4" but at my goal weight. Since January I've been eating anywhere from 1200-1500 calories per day, toward the low end if I'm being a slug. I've lost 48 pounds so it's working. I am meticulous about my counting, weighing and measuring every bite. I exercise a lot so those days I eat more but still keep my net calories in the 1200-1500 range. Some days it's easy some not so much. Your activity will allow you to eat more, just be honest about how much you are actually doing because it's too easy to overestimate. Also, if you have your goals set to lose less per week you can eat a little more so as not to feel like you're depriving yourself too much.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 and losing 1(ish) pound a week.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    My official goal is 1400/day. Sometimes I go over that a bit but I try to stay within that regardless of how much activity I have.

My ideal weight is 120lbs. I found that sedentary me burns 10 kCal per minute. SO if I want to weight 120 then I want to eat the calories for my goal weight, not the amount I weight now.

Granted if you have a lot to lose to have intermediate goals that you are eating towards.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I eat average 1,500/day and burn average of 300/day with exercise so netting at 1,200 or less. I'm working on losing my last bit at about 0.5/week or a bit more. Currently at 130 pounds, 47 years.
  • carpe_vinum
    carpe_vinum Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had WLS in August and have lost 82 pounds over the last year. Due to my WLS, my caloric intake is smaller than anything suggested by MFP. I average 900 a day.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1,360 a day but to be honest I regularly go over and actually eat more like 1,500 and I'm still losing weight.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'4" and just over 115 pounds. I eat about 1800 a day to lose half a pound a week. I am 42.
  • shumm090
    shumm090 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Same height, 133 pounds, and 28 years old. I eat anywhere between 1600 and 2100 depending on my activity level that day. I use a titbit and that adjusts my calorie allowance. I'm slowly working my way to maintenance at the moment, but still losing about half pound per week.
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm a little shorter (5'2) but I eat 1800-2000 to lose about 0.5-1 pound a week. I exercise about an hour a day, 6 days a week.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500-1800 per day except when I go off plan (more often than not lately). Off plan days I've been eating around 2000. I've barely lost anything in the past 2 months so I guess I know what my current maintenance is...
  • janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1200, but I exercise regularly but it gets bumped up to 1300. Try eating oatmeal! Honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me, low calorie, and fills me up so much better than anything else :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I avgeraged roughly 2000 a day for the majority of my weight loss. From 260 lbs to 122 lbs (weight loss was rapid at first and slowed as I got closer to 122).

I slipped up a little over the summer and when I started working. I restarted a few weeks ago to take off what I gained and I am avg around 2200 with 0.5 lb per week loss ( with only a couple pounds to lose, this rate is perfect).

• gabbyo23
    gabbyo23 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I seem to find it impossible to stick to 1200. I have to have at least 1500 but my loss has slowed so much recently.
  • gabbyo23
    gabbyo23 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Also I cannot do any deliberate excersise because I care for my 9 month old twins on my own between 6am and 8pm then after that I have housework/cook dinner. I get shirt breaks when they nap but that time is coffee and clean up time, and ten mins on here logging!
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3 and 127 pounds and eat 1800-2000 to lose around about 0.5 a week.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    1500 net (averaged over the week). That works out at about 1700-1800 total when exercise calories are accounted for. I lose pretty steadily at a pound a week.

Can't you put the twins in the pram and walk? That was my main exercise when mini-me was small. She slept well in the moving buggy and I reckon the fresh air was good for her.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    shumm090 wrote: »
    Same height, 133 pounds, and 28 years old. I eat anywhere between 1600 and 2100 depending on my activity level that day. I use a titbit and that adjusts my calorie allowance. I'm slowly working my way to maintenance at the moment, but still losing about half pound per week.

Sorry, had to laugh first, then wonder if that is really a thing! ;)