I'm new to My Fitness Pal

Options
ddrenfroe
ddrenfroe Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,
My name is Dee. I am new to the community. I am trying to lose 70lbs. Now that I'm writing this, it seems like a lot. I want to feel healthy and happy. Since I have been diagnosed with Thyroid disease, it has been very hard to lose weight.
I'm trying my best, but I am starting to think about sneaking in a bad item every now and then. I haven't done it yet, and I don't want to. If someone wants to leave a kind word or two, or motivational words of encouragement I would be very grateful. :)

Replies

• Sam07asaurus
    Sam07asaurus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Dee!
    I'm Sam (28/f/Canada). I am new too. My goal is to lose 100lbs. I have a problem with sneaking items in, yikes. I admire you for going cold turkey :smile: Keep going! You'll start seeing results before you know it.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    ddrenfroe wrote: »
    Hi,
    My name is Dee. I am new to the community. I am trying to lose 70lbs. Now that I'm writing this, it seems like a lot. I want to feel healthy and happy. Since I have been diagnosed with Thyroid disease, it has been very hard to lose weight.
    I'm trying my best, but I am starting to think about sneaking in a bad item every now and then. I haven't done it yet, and I don't want to. If someone wants to leave a kind word or two, or motivational words of encouragement I would be very grateful. :)

You really can do this, get supportive and motivational friends on MFP, support and motivate as well and you will be able to do this, persevere log yourfood honestly andhave yourdiary open so that people can help you. Good luck Carol
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I also have hypothyroidism secondary to a drug I'm on.
  • ddrenfroe
    ddrenfroe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate your support. Thanks sooo much! How have you been doing so far? I'm surprised that I'm doing well. I have been motivated by using this app and seeing the results. I'm dredging hitting the wall. We all go through that point when dieting where the weight doesn't budge. Sometimes that's the reason why a lot of people give up. I'm determined push past it!
  • SxcLadybugz
    SxcLadybugz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too.. Could use motivating friends :)
  • Zarka_91
    Zarka_91 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You can do this. anything is possible if you put your mind to it. you are capable of achieving more then you think !