You shall help thy neighbor hold their pants up...

Options
2»

Replies

• 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Stupid auto correct, hit!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    A bit off topic.. but I find that the clothes that looked good on me a month ago..actually make me look bigger because they are lose on me. They aren't falling off of me.. but baggy enough to make me look sloppy and frumpy. I actually looked more pulled together when I was bigger and they fit correctly.

I like the leggings stretchy yoga pants with pockets idea.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @mysteps2beauty, I've heard having a "uniform" each day really helps a person be more productive with less decisions to make. Sounds stylish!

Yes, I got my inspiration from the security people in the lobby of my building. They all wear the same, but very nice suits with ties, one is a female. She wears it everyday...so i said if she can wear her suit everyday and not be ashamed, I can do likewise. I also got this idea from something I read a time back how Steve Jobs always wore the same type of outfit as does Mark Zukerberg (sp) of FB.

If anyone is bold enough to comment on my clothing, they can go ahead and write me a check to get something more to their liking...lol
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Haha! I love this! My old faithful workout pants are almost ready for the trash. They've been through several losses and gains, pre and post partum phases and almost a decade. Now a paperclip from the fitness center desk holds them up for their final few rounds of wear. I will splurge for another 15.00 pair soon. It's the end of so many eras!
  • driving_miss_crazy
    driving_miss_crazy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Haha! I love this! My old faithful workout pants are almost ready for the trash. They've been through several losses and gains, pre and post partum phases and almost a decade. Now a paperclip from the fitness center desk holds them up for their final few rounds of wear. I will splurge for another 15.00 pair soon. It's the end of so many eras!

Sounds bittersweet! I recently purged my maternity clothes and had a moment of sadness to do so even though it made no sense. It doesn't mean I'm done having kids, it just means I refuse to be a size 20 when/if I'm next pregnant. Still brought back so many memories...
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I started running about 4 months ago and was about 12kgs more than i am now. Because sports clothes are so expensive, i just bought regular leggings, and wore some of my old ones which at that moment where pretty tight on me. Well now my old ones are getting kinda loose and the new ones still fit great.
    I am lucky in a way because i have lost weight before and i kept all my clothes from that era. I've gotten to that point now where i fit in 90% of those old clothes, and the rest of the 10% is close enough. I did however buy 2 dresses back in april because i had to attend a wedding in may and i had nothing formal to wear. In that month from purchase to wearing the dresses, they had already become too big and i gave them to a seamstress to take them in and shorten them. I tried them on again last month and they're already huge again, so i will have to take them to a seamstress again if i ever need them.Or i'll just call them my "future maternity pretty dresses".
    I feel mostly bad about all the clothes i bought when i was at my heaviest and have barely been worn.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Small funny story of why I keep spare clothes in my car.

I arrived to work along with the other second-shifters. Main coworker friend walks up to my car as I start to get out... Only for my skirt to drop right in front of him, as I stepped out. All it took was that slight movement.

I was wearing very solid black nylons, thankfully. But I was mortified. xD; Reminds me I need a back-up belt. My belt has small, DECORATIVE notches that I cannot poke larger [metal]. Too big now.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options

I put my same pair in the donation bag last week...totally end of an eta they were with me for 2 pregnancies kinda sad to see them go....but not sad I got too small for them. I wore my new pair yesterday and was it ever nice to have a pair that fit!!! no worry of falling down was priceless. 14.99 well spent!
  • driving_miss_crazy
    driving_miss_crazy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @PixelPuff, thank goodness for those nylons! LOL

I was going to mention the Danskin Now dri-more bootcut (yoga) pants from Walmart have been my go to as a stay home with the kids. One size will get me through 2-3 size changes and even did great through a pregnancy. The only downside is that the black fades pretty quickly with heavy use. (When they are new, they can pass for slacks!) But they aren't too pricey so I guess it all evens out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!