woman only !!

Options
what do woman do when they get there periods do you guys still work out do you guys relax alittle more do you eat right for me my periods are really bad like just walking around a shop i need to sit down for like a few mins at a time i get a huge lot of pain so i dnt go to the gym on the frist two or one day s of it if im feeling bad all i want to do is relax and sleep or just take the pain away and my eating omg when i have my period my taste buds go out the window i dnt want to eat any thing but sweets and i knw that s bad i hate eating meats more when i have my period or meals when i have my period it sucks il say what do you feel like or what you want for dinner il try eat it but i just feel sick or il start to cry lol bec i i dnt know what my body is tellingme is this weird or do others get it two ?

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I try to stay on my exercise schedule because I eat less. I also feel better after exercising. It seems to relief my cramps.
  • ehedges31
    ehedges31 Posts: 72
    Options
    I workout more. You're body burns more calories because it knows you crave things so it boosts its metabolism naturally. (don't go over board with the eating! its only 500 or less calories!!!) plus it helps cramping and it makes my flow a little lighter. the bloating doesnt last as long either because I'm sweating/working out. :)
    you'll thank yourself once its over. even if you just walk an hour a day
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I try to stay on my exercise schedule because I eat less. I also feel better after exercising. It seems to relief my cramps.

This!
  • christina3323
    Options
    When I have a period I simple use a tampon and workout..
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I still workout but I don't cramp or get sick like you are describing. It might actually make you feel better. I also crave sweets. It's the only time I really want chocolate. Otherwise, I can live with out it. I try to take all of my water and make sure I take my multivitimin during this time.

Also, I've heard (don't really know if it'll work) but I've heard that caffine will make cramps worse. I love my coffee too much so I've never really tested this.
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    I continue with my regular routine. SOMETIMES I workout harder, but that is totally based on how I feel. Sometimes its all I can do to take a walk so I do that. I try not to get off routine because if I do, I snowball out of control and have no will to fight the chocolate demon. LOL
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I actually go to the gym now and it makes my periods a little better BUT this past period my sugar cravings melted into my depression and I probably gained a poundback now i feel kinda helpless to it all like i have lost control again but I feel nauseated when I have my period and I get super needy ... my poor boyfriend... i revert to a child lol
  • skinnyr123
    Options
    I get the same way when Im on my period and I've found some good ways to ease the pain a little bit.
    1. take medicine (duh)
    2. drink alot of water (not coffee)
    3. though it might be hard to get urself to work out..working out actually helps cramps and they will feel better if u do
    4. elevate ur legs
    5. get a heating pad or a hot towel and put it on ur lower back( or just take a hot bath)
    I hope these help:smile:
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I get cramps so bad that I end up vomiting because of the pain. But I once heard a rumor that exercise helps menstral cramps (and the pain associated with them) and headaches. I have tried exercising when I have had cramps and when I have headaches and found out that exercise DOES help cramps, but I feel like it only helps as I'm exercising. Once I stop, the pain starts to get worse again. But that could just be because I am not paying attention to the pain, but focused on exercise. Headaches, no. Those just get worse whenever I exercise when I have a headache. Even when I drink tons of water, they still get worse with exercise. So, there's my advice! Exercise - it will make you feel better, even for a little while, and you'll be SO glad you did! And maybe choose those days to eat your calories burned from exercise if you don't already do that - just a suggestion.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    before i started my bc i couldn't do anything on my period (sever cramps, nasuea, dizziness) but now I can! I try to ease up on my sodium and drink ALOT of water!
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    I think it all depends on what works best for you and what works best for YOUR body. Personally, I do not exercise the first two days. I'm very very achy (knees & back) and flow quite heavily the first two days. My eating habits do not change though. I try to drink more water but the water has to be room temp (not fridge cold) or cramping starts. I've always been told not to drink cold beverages while cramping as it makes it worse.
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    i use one of those stick on heat pads things. take a couple of motrin. and hit the gym. exercise takes my mind off of it. and keeps me from straying from my program.
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I hate doing anything when I have my period. I get so paranoid that my tampon is not going to hold up to all that moving around. I tried swimming once with one in...FAIL!! Never again! lol I'll do different exercises at home like sit ups or jump rope, but I wont, swim, hike or walk too far. As for cravings...I want my chocolate covered pretzels lol I used to get really, really sick with my period when I was 11. It was so bad I couldn't go to school 3 days every month. I grew out of it though. I'd say what you are feeling is normal, but if you're concerned then I'd go to your gyno.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I try to work out depending on my schedule the day I get it. Exercising helps with cramps and so does drinking a LOT of water.