New Girl on the block

Options
Heya, I'm new to this sight. A friend at the gym I go to told me about it. I am so looking forward to making this work. In 2005 I weighed 550lbs. I have been working really hard to get down to 376 lbs. Last year, I was diagnosed with Psuedotumor Cerebri and now the weight loss isn't an option. My doctor wants me to lose 60 lbs every 90 days or they are going to put a shunt in my head.
I can use all the support I can get. And people to talk to about the struggle.
I'm like this, I just look at cake and gain 5 lbs. lol
Thanks,
Take Care,
Katty
(pronounced Katie)

Replies

• angb_girl
    angb_girl Posts: 6
    Options
    This site is a really good way to stay on top of your progress. You can do it!
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    Katty - good luck with your journey! You will love MFP - everyone here is very supportive. I hope all your health things work out in the long run. Please feel free to add me as a friend, I try hard to be helpful and supportive. :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyr123
    Options
    I'm with you in the struggle to lose weight and Ill be praying for you.
  • Trulyfree
    Trulyfree Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Katty!

Add me as a friend if you would like to. I'll give you all the encouragement I can from sunny Colorado!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Katty, please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi Katty, welcome. I'm sorry to hear of your struggles but it sounds like you have already accomplished a lot. I hope that you continue to accomplish your goals. Feel free to add me as one of your friends.
  • lolitachang
    Options
    Hi Katie, welcome to this sight and I m sure that everybody here will give you the support and the energy to complete your goal!!!
    God bless you!!
  • vrodriguez87
    vrodriguez87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Katty!! Looks like you have already lost a significant amount of weight. Keep up the good work, stay strong and keep moving forward!! =)

valerie
  • launchmynewlife
    Options
    Hi Katty! Congrats on your awesome losses so far! I'm sorry for your health problems but it sounds like you have a great attitude to triumph over them. Feel free to add me as a friend!