Annoying Things YOU Do At the Gym

Options

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    i'm clumsy. really try not to be but people are probably safer giving me a few extra inches' air space. i almost stabbed my trainer in the junk once [complicated story involving the broomstick and the cage]. and that was after he banished me to the cage for benching, because i overshot the supports on one side when i was just using the portable stand.

i also try to keep my empty shoes far from other people. or sealed into a plastic bag with a few charcoal pockets.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    i'm clumsy. really try not to be but people are probably safer giving me a few extra inches' air space. i almost stabbed my trainer in the junk once [complicated story involving the broomstick and the cage]. and that was after he banished me to the cage for benching, because i overshot the supports on one side when i was just using the portable stand.

jrwo1mxofkp2.jpg
    a53.jpg 31.6K
  • inkedShimewaza
    inkedShimewaza Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I tend to sort-of drop the weights when I deadlift.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,500 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Nothing.

I'm not a *kitten*.

Well, I am.... just not in the gym.

*shrug

Ugh, I thought you act like people don't exist if they talk to you.

Sounds annoying to me. Kind of obnoxious actually. :)

Pfft.... if someone attempts to talk to me while I'm in the middle of a set, they get ignored.

If that's obnoxious, so be it.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    No gym, but when I finish my run at the park, I tend to start moving into the middle of the track without noticing. I'm trying to get better at catching myself before.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    jrwo1mxofkp2.jpg
    is that nigel farage? i knew i'd seen that face somewhere before but it's taken me until now.

• waffles_tasty_waffles
    Options
    I tend to mean mug and shake my head at people who don't rerack their weights. and since I'm usually listening to hip hop when I lift, clearly in my head I'm
    on stage rappin while lifting weights at the same time. def doesn't make me look crazy at all.
  • adamlesa78
    adamlesa78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I actually stopped going to the gym I mosned a lot about the air con blasting down ur neck on the running machine u dint wrap up warm to go to the gym
    I feel
    The cold massively and although u get hot during the workout if he moaning and annoying people on how cold it is to start off with
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I may or may not have taken up one of two squat racks for an hour and a half yesterday..

When the weights are racked wrong and if it's not a quick fix, like moving one plate so that they're organized right, I just put it back where I found it.

I don't always wipe off my treadmill.. if I'm not sweating or if I literally only pushed a button or two, I figure it's good.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Only thing I can think of is whenever I grab an exercise ball off the rack, I dribble it like a basketball to my workout space. Haha.
    @ClubSilencio

When I'm finished with the exercise ball I flick it up with my foot into the wall/mirror so it bounces back into my hands.

The most annoying thing I do is lift more weight than people half my age - unforgivable....
  • RacquetChick
    RacquetChick Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I talk way too much when I am there. :#
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Omg these are all great!!! I have been known to take a mirror selfie as well! I want to go to the gym with you @mjaykup ! I could totally use a high five now and then!! @NorthCascades that seriously made me laugh!!!!
  • PhoenixWithoutAshes1
    Options
    I try to maintain a hostile resting face while at the gym. Keeps people from thinking that I want to be their friend.
  • mdonsbach
    mdonsbach Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I lip sing and dance like no one is watching. Okay maybe not that far but I do play some mean air instruments
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I blast my earphones, maybe you can hear my music. I can't hear you if your talking to me so I just keep working out. If you left the machine to go talk to someone or go to the bathroom or get a drink...I might be using that machine when you try to come back.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I play Solitaire on the treadmill. I realize that my hand moving all the time might be annoying for people next to me though so I typically pick an isolated treadmill.
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I think my rest periods between sets are a bit too long for people who want to use my station next.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Not go. That's defo annoying.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    I run, therefore I fart.

and I get weird looks when I do 50# kettlebell halos
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    adamlesa78 wrote: »
    I actually stopped going to the gym I mosned a lot about the air con blasting down ur neck on the running machine u dint wrap up warm to go to the gym
    I feel
    The cold massively and although u get hot during the workout if he moaning and annoying people on how cold it is to start off with

I live in a tropical country and people are always fiddling with the aircon in my gym. What I really hate is when people turn the aircon on full and then open a window. Either turn on the ac and close the windows or turn it off and open the windows!