Tracking Macros

Options
Hey

How do you guys do it on here? There's no total carb options so the pie chart is literally always wrong. Is there a better app? Do you do it in your head each meal?

Replies

• Kaosgeneral
    Kaosgeneral Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If you know your macros, write them down and cross reference them with what you've eaten on here

There is a carb option. Go into nutrition at the bottom of your food diary. It should look something like this. I'm of the understanding that once you've finished your food diary, that is your total carbs for the day 7g9s1m9r7az3.png
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Carb minus fiber = total carb

It doesn't seem like the app is doing that
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why this total carb, net carb, good carb, bad carb thing gets so many confused I thought it was just about total calories Minimum daily Macros...

Personally I can't get enough calories lately weight is just stuck at 178-180 for months.. So I could drive myself nuts or get my Protein and Fat goals in and the rest will work out as long as I keep Training every day..

Good Luck

• angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Well.... the real (total actual amount) of carb in the food is the number on the nutritional label minus the number of dietary fiber in the food.... because the fiber in the food cancels out that much of the carbohydrates.

I realized a lot of foods have a " net carb " search option. That was really the information that i needed. I kept typing " total carb " and getting no results.

Thanks
  • Kaosgeneral
    Kaosgeneral Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you're doing keto your carbs need to be under 25g otherwise it kicks you out of ketosis. It's why knowing the total amount of carbs you have is really important.

As for total carbs, just write down how much fibre is in everything and then subtract it. No app is totally accurate.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Actually, you have it backwards. What MFP shows is the Total carbs. Net carbs are what you call the total carbs minus fiber. You're asking MFP to show Net carbs. And no, MFP doesn't have a separate column for Net carbs, but you can add your fiber to the display and just do the math. This is what I show on my diary currently. If I wanted to follow Net carbs, I'd probably move fiber to the right one column and just do the math.

b5g8fvdd96in.png