Post Flu Shot Lifting?

Options
I am getting a flu shot today and I normally don't feel ultra sore but the arm is a little tender generally.

Is it OK to continue lifting?

I ask because I have Stronglifts Workout B planned for tomorrow and it involves Overhead Press.

Any tips or tricks?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yes...it'll actually help with the soreness.

Make sure you keep it moving today...you'll likely feel fine tomorrow.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Unless you felt really crappy go for it.....
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    The flu shot is a dead virus so you should be fine and lifting will work out the sorness...plus you will probably look like a badass with that bandaid. People will be all" i bet she got shot yo!" hardcore.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Yes...it'll actually help with the soreness.

Make sure you keep it moving today...you'll likely feel fine tomorrow.

This. I had a hard swim workout last year after mine. I had no soreness at all the next day. It's definitely my plan this year.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    For some unknown reason, I and my co-workers experienced much less muscle soreness than usual after this year's shot. Normally, I'm still feeling it for several days after when I do things like lean against a wall.

I lifted the afternoon of having mine, by the way; it's never been a problem before, either.
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I was reading post flu shop lifting.
    I was like ... WTF?
  • Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes, as a nurse, I can assure you if you are experiencing soreness from the flu vaccine, the more you move it the better it will feel.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My daughter got her flu shot yesterday and afterward told me "I feel my anger coming on more quickly now." Maybe the same will happen for you and you'll be able to harness it into bigger lifts :lol:
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    My flu shot this year was totally painless. In past years it has hurt a little bit, but maybe it was the nurse making all the funny kid noises as she gave me the shot that made the pain go away.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've lifted after flu shots and gotten a tetanus and birth control shot (respectively) en route to the gym.