Which protein shake do you like?

Options
ChitownFoodie
ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
I bought a whole bunch of protein shake samples online, but I haven't gotten them yet. I have run out of my Pure Protein- Frosty Chocolate and I'm quite tired of the flavor. I am planning on going to GNC tomorrow and buying a small tub to cover me until I get my samples. I'd like it to be low carb and great tasting. My biggest problem is I hate the taste of most protein shakes. So far, the only one I've liked is Shakeology- Chocolate. Which one should I try?

Replies

• prettygirl2408
    Options
    I love syntha-6 vanilla ice cream! YUM!
  • VanessaFaith
    VanessaFaith Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    GNC Whey Chocolate Carmel :-) It's like 180 cals and not low on sugar.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I like the GNC cookies & cream with frozen strawberries. It tastes just like a strawberry milkshake.
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I like Smoothie King Gladiator Strawberry or Vanilla with is low carb.

I add EAS 100% whey protein to my shake sometimes also.

:smile:
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've always enjoyed the EAS Myoplex Strawberry cream. Lots of options per protein content from like 14g to 42g.
    I have 2 of those per day...Starting tomorrow I am switching out one of those Myoplex shakes with the Chocolate Shakeology as they have more natural ingredients then the Myoplex. But will still take 1 of the Strawberry Cream Myoplex post workout (in the evenings) as I'm affraid if I have a Shakeology late in the evening, all that good stuff in them will give me too much energy and will hinder my sleep.

Sounds like you enjoyed the Shakeology...any good recipes you liked with it?

ttfn
    Kyle
  • GEMINI_STL
    GEMINI_STL Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am Finishing up Pure Protein - Vanilla cream right now...it's cool. GNC actually has a good Protein Powder - GNC Pro Performance AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 (in different Flavors). I also like Nitrotech by MucleTech. Just because of the other BCAA (amino acids) in the protein already. I heard Syntha-6 was good, but never had it myself.
  • Tazz71
    Tazz71 Posts: 19
    Options
    I've been using Amplify found at GNC. It comes in all sorts of flavors but I've stuck to vanilla and chocolate and they taste great, low carb too. It took a long time for me to find a shake that actually taste good but this one is great. I think they're only available at certain franchise GNC's. I did just order shakeology too since I'm doing P90X. I'll see how they compare.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    GNC Whey Chocolate Carmel :-) It's like 180 cals and not low on sugar.
    There isn't any sugar in the GNC Chocolate Carmel and it's only 120 calories.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    A lot of the samples I bought were Syntha-6, About Time and Nectar. You all are really helping me. Thanks!
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I usually just stir mine with milk but the crap clumps soooo bad :/ do you make yours this way or do u use a blender? Im almost out of the kind I have currently (thank god cuz im so sick of it) so ill be checking out new ones also :)
  • shantie10
    shantie10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do the Herbalife ones and add ice in them with frozen fruit...Smoothies!!!!!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I have tried just about all of them and I love Champion Nutrition's Whey Protein Stack in chocolate it is so good and has 23gm of protein and only 4gm of carb. I love a scoop in my morning coffee it mixes in well. Best price i found was on Bodybuilder and they have fast and reasonably priced shipping. I order 2 tubs of the 5lbs at a time so I can get the free shaker cup. I tried the cocoa-mochaccino but didn't like it. They have several flavors but I can only tell you the chocolate is good haven't tried any of the other flavors.
  • beahawk
    beahawk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
  • beahawk
    beahawk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I usually just stir mine with milk but the crap clumps soooo bad :/ do you make yours this way or do u use a blender? Im almost out of the kind I have currently (thank god cuz im so sick of it) so ill be checking out new ones also :)

I use a shaker bottle. You can buy them in GNC It helps mix up your milk and protein powder and helps with the clumps without having to pull out a blender or the need for one while out and about.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I love Nectar, 90 caloires 0 carbs