Into the One-derland

Options
Conqret
Conqret Posts: 1 Member
Seven months ago I was fifty pounds heavier, with chronic insomnia, and in a vicious cycle of low energy and sugar cravings. To say I had a sweet tooth was an understatement. Despite decades of obesity and never having sustained a diet longer than 3 months or 25 pound loss, my husband introduced me to mfp and the rest is history.

My formula is Stress-Sugar-Sleep. I made changes to my life and attitude to reduce my stress. By making significant changes in my sugar consumption, I started sleeping again. Whenever I feel run down, I sleep. And my vicious cycle has turned into a virtuous one.

A few tricks I have learned along the way on top of those we hear so often (track everything, get moving, cook your own food)
- I purposely avoid refined sugar as it helps curb my appetite. Homemade applesauce is a great substitute.
- I skew towards vegetables rather than fruit
- I mealplan for the week with the MFP app, adjusting as I go
- Junk food can not be found in the house
- When necessary, I make my own ice cream using only frozen bananas. It cures my craving.
- Brown rice is my friend. As is oatmeal. But no more than 1 portion a day
- I lay out my exercise clothes the night before, and fix my lunch/snacks before bed. That way, the next day I just execute my plan and don't have to think (or negotiate with myself) about it
- I started small, and added changes along the way.
- Cravings happen, and eating isn't always perfect. But your next meal can be.

Fifty pounds later, I am impressed with how much I was able to accomplish despite the extra weight. My energy is now consistently through the roof, and I attribute that to healthy eating (minimal sugar), great night sleeps, and regular exercise (especially the strength training).

Over the last two months I have started strength training with a personal trainer and have accelerated my weight loss to a consistent 2-3 pounds a week (versus 1-2). More importantly, I am loving it. There is such a sense of pride and accomplishment at deadlifting 2/3 my body weight.

So for those on the journey, or thinking about starting again, I will repeat what has been said here so many times: If I can do it, so can you. And yes, "a year from now, you will be so glad you started today."

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    great work!!
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! I never get tired of reading these. Congratulations and keep it up!!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress and success! Our journeys have many things in common, I also had about the same starting weight and am now 60 lbs lighter (after 8 months) and still continuing. Onederland is a great place to stay forever :) Keep up your awesome work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!