i hate the weekends!!!!

Options
Every weekend when my bf and the kids r home i find myself feeling so hungry...i end up cooking 3 different meal each meal time:mad: ....like today everyone had (not me) had scambled eggs made with butter on toast and bacon i dont want to eat like that no more but its hard making it for them .... oh and dinner well they had lasange i had steamed chicken with salad.....all i want is food and i dont have no kcals left Helpppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!:sad:

Replies

• laurajane81
    Options
    Every weekend when my bf and the kids r home i find myself feeling so hungry...i end up cooking 3 different meal each meal time:mad: ....like today everyone had (not me) had scambled eggs made with butter on toast and bacon i dont want to eat like that no more but its hard making it for them .... oh and dinner well they had lasange i had steamed chicken with salad.....all i want is food and i dont have no kcals left Helpppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!:sad:
  • lauracovert
    Options
    maybe its time for you to start making small healthier changes for your children also. If you have a weight problem, its genetics and definatly can carry down to them. starting now when they are young and a few things at a time will be to thier benifit and to your cooking problem also. i change things all the time and kids and hubby have no idea. low fat icecream, splenda not sugar. take out the bacon, make an omlett instead with lots of yummy good healthy stuff in the middle instead. slowly take the whole milk to 2% then down to 1%. no fat is gross so we stayd there. little things will help you and them! Good luck!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    The things your family are eating aren't bad. I eat those things I just watch my portions.
    One scrambled egg is 100 cal., 2 slices of center cut bacon 70 cal. bread, I use brownberry double fiber 1slice is 90 cal. Cook your egg in alittle bit of pam. And Jeannie said on another thread to take a stick of butter, when your toast comes out of the toaster just brush the butter across. You use hardly any this way and still get the taste of butter.

Lasagna is ok if you eat a small piece. Have a nice salad with it. When you get use to eating smaller portions you'll be surprised at how full you will feel. And you won't feel deprived. If you keep feeling this way it's a sure way to set yourself up for failure.

Learning portion control and moderation will be easier and more fulfilling for you than trying to diet.
  • cbowers24
    Options
    I hate the weekends too. Today I treated myself to two egg whites scrambled with two pieces of light bread toasted with the butter spray that is zero calories. It's a real pain to cook several meals and not get to eat them. I also sub things out like use turkey meat instead of ground beef. But sometimes you just have to make several meals. Best of luck!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I've really found the Promise Cardiologist Endorsed (5 cal/0 fat) to be helpful for me ... doesn't taste like butter, but satisfies my brain. Which is the hardest part for me. But I've finally gotten my husband to join in, and it does help.
  • lucmclaren381
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bless ya dude, we're doin soooo well but i know how the weekends can get so hard like i said earlier i was at my mums and surrounded by lots of yummyness lol but i made it through!!! Its because we dont see eachother really at the weekend - i miss my diet buddy!!!!xxxx :wink: :tongue:
  • laurajane81
    Options
    Ohhhhh no they eat good just the weekends are treats they dont have any sugar they love fruit..... its more my bf lol he doesnt want to eat what i do and i cant be borthered to argue.... plus they kids have gymnastics 3 times a week so that keeps them fit....thanx for all ur advise
  • laurajane81
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bless ya dude, we're doin soooo well but i know how the weekends can get so hard like i said earlier i was at my mums and surrounded by lots of yummyness lol but i made it through!!! Its because we dont see eachother really at the weekend - i miss my diet buddy!!!!xxxx :wink: :tongue:

hey dude im caving i just wanna eat kalel is sick had no sleep kids are on some drug lol they have sooo much energy its unreal ohhhh and the mess after dinner god i wanna cry lol... oh well just another weekend and another struggle to stay good
  • nik433
    nik433 Posts: 57
    Options
    Ohhhhh no they eat good just the weekends are treats they dont have any sugar they love fruit..... its more my bf lol he doesnt want to eat what i do and i cant be borthered to argue.... plus they kids have gymnastics 3 times a week so that keeps them fit....thanx for all ur advise

I think, if your bf can't be bothered to argue with about eating healthier, then you can't be bothered to make a special meal for him! You're trying to do what's right for your body and if he feels entitled to having a special meal for himself, he can get off his *kitten* and make it himself.

Your kids are obviously a different story because you're they're mom and it's ok to do that for them :smile: I do agree with a previous poster about helping them make smarter choices with mealtimes too though. A "treat" on the weekends could be as simple as pancakes, doesn't need to be a whole separate production on your part.

Just trying to help make your life, and weightloss struggle, a little easier!! :smile:
  • lucmclaren381
    Options

I think, if your bf can't be bothered to argue with about eating healthier, then you can't be bothered to make a special meal for him! You're trying to do what's right for your body and if he feels entitled to having a special meal for himself, he can get off his *kitten* and make it himself.

Your kids are obviously a different story because you're they're mom and it's ok to do that for them :smile: I do agree with a previous poster about helping them make smarter choices with mealtimes too though. A "treat" on the weekends could be as simple as pancakes, doesn't need to be a whole separate production on your part.

Just trying to help make your life, and weightloss struggle, a little easier!! :smile:

:drinker: Here here!!!!!! (on the bf part!!!!!)
    Understand the kids side of things!!xx
  • sanchezgurl25
    Options
    If you wnt to eat with your family. watch wat you eat thru out the day with out ur family there. Dont deprive your self. Breakfast u can have eggs too. eat egg whites, throw in turkey bacon, belive me ur family wont tell the diffrence. and just watch ur portion sizes when u eat wat they have.. just log it in to ur calorie counter and it should tell u wat ur good at and not.. dont keep awway from food you want that is why we always get distracted from our diets and they never work. if you keep dieting and dont eat some of the things we love but dont go crazy over it.. than when u lost the weight ur gonna eat the food that u missed and ur gonna gain it right back.. just think too if your exercising you should have more calories..

check out www.beachbody.com
    p90x is a great work out.. i have joined just as in other million people have joined and changed there lives.. i love it and so will everyone elese who joins hope this helps good luck to y ou
  • sanchezgurl25
    Options
    that is soo true you have to graudually change things just cant do it over nite..i wnt from sugar to splenda its soo good, im on 2 % and u cant tell a diffrence, and if u cook ur veggies rigth no one will no wat it is, if you dont tell ur family wat ur making they will eat and will love it
  • laurajane81
    Options
    Thanx i have change some things like splender but he did notice but i do carryon using it lol and as for as butter i put low fat 1's on things sometimes when i know they wont be notice and light mayo..... Its hard but hopefully it will get easyer ... men god hard work.....my kids r good they good well the oldest is fussy but she is god.........:smile: