Too much sugar! OMG!

Options
Played around with my settings yesterday and added two columns to my food diary. In addition to Carbs, Protein and Fat I figured I should watch how much Sugar and Saturated Fat I am consuming as well.

Well... I just about fell over when I looked through all the days this month (since I started) and saw how much sugar I am consuming! I'm over my limit on MOST days! :noway:

And here I was thinking I was eating well. :grumble:

Replies

• missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    Played around with my settings yesterday and added two columns to my food diary. In addition to Carbs, Protein and Fat I figured I should watch how much Sugar and Saturated Fat I am consuming as well.

Well... I just about fell over when I looked through all the days this month (since I started) and saw how much sugar I am consuming! I'm over my limit on MOST days! :noway:

And here I was thinking I was eating well. :grumble:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a tough one to track because sites like this don't differentiate between added sugar and natural sugar. Do you eat a lot of fruit? If so - I'd not worry about it so much.
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    If you're staying within your calories and you feel good, you probably don't need to worry too much. Remember, there is sugar in every fruit, most vegetables and also milk, cheese and yogurt. Natural sugars shouldn't be a concern. But if you're finding you eat a lot of processed sugars, then you maybe need to cut back on those. It's very hard to cut out the natural sugars.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a tough one to track because sites like this don't differentiate between added sugar and natural sugar. Do you eat a lot of fruit? If so - I'd not worry about it so much.

yeah exactly. theres a huge difference from getting natural sugar found in fruits that also have tons of fiber and vitamins than getting processed sugar from a chocolate bar that has no nutrient benefits
  • gperry227
    Options
    Um, yeh. I just added the sugar column to mine and I am already over and its only 1:19 pm. What the french fries, over???!!! :sad: I dont want to be completely oblivious, but I have lost 1.5lbs a week like I wanted, so I guess it's ok.
  • lucmclaren381
    Options
    That would be interesting to check out how'd you put that on there????
    I may be sad alsowhen i see how much i've had lol!!:smile:
  • missmez
    Options
    Ya, I guess when I look at it, a lot of the days there's a few pieces of fruit in there so that brings me over. I NEVER add sugar to anything and except for a couple of birthdays when I had a *little* piece of cake, I really haven't eaten anything sweet. Maybe I should get rid of that column and track my fibre or something!

To add or change what you track in your food diary, click on the food tab and then go to settings in there. You'll see the drop down menus with the choices of what you can track. :smile:
  • annasart
    annasart Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on adding sugar tracking......I have a major sweet tooth!
  • annasart
    Options
    OMG just added sugar and I have only 2 grams left for the day with dinner and 2 snacks left to eat. I guess my morning Raison Bran may need to go since it has 16 and I am allowed 24 for the whole day!
  • missmez
    Options
    Ya, Raisin Bran has a lot, but if you look at the nutrition label on the box (at least here in Canada) it says that most of the sugar is naturally occuring in the raisins.

I'm not giving mine up yet. :tongue:
  • annasart
    Options
    Mmmmm just checked my box does not say, but I'm sure that's right. So maybe I will keep it too! Thanks!