People who eat the same thing most of the time, or meal prep- what do you eat?

Options
DisruptedMatrix
DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
edited October 2016 in Food and Nutrition
For the next two weeks (and maybe longer?) I plan to eat:

3 eggs and margarine for breakfast

an apple for a snack

chicken caesar salad with croutons and carrots for lunch

a margarine and cheddar cheese baked potato for dinner.

a cup of milk

It comes out to 1000-1100 calories

Replies

• Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That seems like not very much food.

My day is usually something like:

2 poached eggs w 1/2 cup oats and sautéed vegetables for breakfast

a yogurt or a protein bar

Some lean meat with vegetables for lunch

usually another yogurt

Dinner is whatever I make for the family, it varies a lot.

I usually hit around 1500c
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Why
  • DisruptedMatrix
    Options
    Why

It's a lot easier to avoid temptation that way, and the above is one of the few things that will actually keep me full in between meals.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    You do know that severe restrictions, along with that low of calorie content usually lead to bingeing and things of that nature.

"Take the sugar away from the diabetic and the first thing they want is sugar"... Wise words from my CNA instructor I had.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

an apple for a snack

a cup of milk

It isn't wise to go below 1200 calories. What was the calorie goal MFP suggested for you when you entered your information in the profile? Mine is 1810 daily.

My breakfast doesn't vary much - cereal with milk and sometimes yogurt, two slices of toast spread with margarine or jam or marmalade or honey, sometimes a boiled egg, and a cup of tea with milk no sugar. The other meals vary a lot more.
  • DisruptedMatrix
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

an apple for a snack

a cup of milk

It isn't wise to go below 1200 calories. What was the calorie goal MFP suggested for you when you entered your information in the profile? Mine is 1810 daily.

My breakfast doesn't vary much - cereal with milk and sometimes yogurt, two slices of toast spread with margarine or jam or marmalade or honey, sometimes a boiled egg, and a cup of tea with milk no sugar. The other meals vary a lot more.
    1,200 so....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating so far below your calorie goal? are you exercising at all?
  • DisruptedMatrix
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I am not eating "so far below your calorie goal". I'm eating 100 calories below. Wow. Wonderful responses /s
  • DisruptedMatrix
    Options
    and yes, i go for walks.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    Ya know what? you guys can screw off (am I allowed to say this?). I am not eating "so far below your calorie goal". I'm eating 100 calories below. Wow. Wonderful responses /s

That's helpful.
    Do you even read anything on these boards?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I hate it when people tell me I can eat more and still lose weight.

People aren't being a-holes. They're telling you that 1200 is usually the bare minimum and by going under, you're just depriving yourself and making it harder. Sorry for actually caring.

I asked about exercise because you burn extra calories doing that, which drops your net calorie intake even further.
  • DisruptedMatrix
    Options
    Yes, I read these boards :/ I did a lot of research. Going below 1,000 calories would be bad for my body type.
  • DisruptedMatrix
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My decisions are based on hours of research so yeah, I'm going to go with the scientists, nutritionists, doctors. thanks. but thanks for 1. judging me without knowing what my daily goal was 2. assuming i did no research.

I'm really feeling the caring.
  • BigBadVanna
    BigBadVanna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    10am snack - wheat thin sandwich with 17g of peanut butter and 7g of strawberry jelly
    Lunch - Panera Ancient Grain and Chicken salad
    2pm snack - 1 lowfat greek yogurt cup
    Dinner - I package Kroger stuffed mushrooms, 1 bag of frozen stir fry veggies, 1/2T olive oil

This pretty much Monday - Thursday, week after week.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Ya know what? you guys can screw off (am I allowed to say this?). I am not eating "so far below your calorie goal". I'm eating 100 calories below. Wow. Wonderful responses /s

Actually, in perfect world numbers, you *are* eating way below your calorie goal because you're not eating exercise calories back either.

But it really depends on if you're weighing your food and how you're estimating exercise calories.

Also, I eat pretty much the same things everyday. I eat light earlier in the day so no breakfast, some turkey jerky for an early afternoon snack and then either a tuna pouch, shredded chicken from whole foods, or grilled chicken strips from subway for lunch.

Dinner is usually cottage cheese or greek yogurt with some protein powder mixed in, a banana, cantaloupe, some cereal with unsweetened coconut milk, a corn thin with some whipped cream cheese and low sodium turkey, eggs, and lots of cookies and chocolate (but I walk A LOT so I can eat all that).

• DisruptedMatrix
    Options
    Also, if your deficit is over 100 calories each day you really shouldn't be saying anything to me :/ I'm very annoyed by this reception.
  • Duane2013
    Duane2013 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You should cut out all that margarine. and those nasty croutons with creamy Caesar dressing. and instead of that baked potato(e) try a baked yam, with just A LITTLE BUTTER and some cinnamon instead of that artery clogging cheese. Do you like Avocado's ?? Use MFP to your advantage and cut out all the nasty sugar you can. Look up a Dr. Mercola web site. Very honest info there................
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    My decisions are based on hours of research so yeah, I'm going to go with the scientists, nutritionists, doctors. thanks. but thanks for 1. judging me without knowing what my daily goal was 2. assuming i did no research.

I'm really feeling the caring.

Geesh people! She just asked suggestions! MFP suggests that I eat around 1300 calories a day, I usually end my days between 150 and 200 under... it works for me that way.
  • DisruptedMatrix
    edited October 2016
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Actually, in perfect world numbers, you *are* eating way below your calorie goal because you're not eating exercise calories back either.

But it really depends on if you're weighing your food and how you're estimating exercise calories.

Also, I eat pretty much the same things everyday. I eat light earlier in the day so no breakfast, some turkey jerky for an early afternoon snack and then either a tuna pouch, shredded chicken from whole foods, or grilled chicken strips from subway for lunch.

Dinner is usually cottage cheese or greek yogurt with some protein powder mixed in, a banana, cantaloupe, some cereal with unsweetened coconut milk, a corn thin with some whipped cream cheese and low sodium turkey, eggs, and lots of cookies and chocolate (but I walk A LOT so I can eat all that).

Okay. Ignoring how offended I am that people immediately assumed i was ignorant and tried to tell my my diet was wrong before even asking if i exercised and how from the get go that one girl was just.... uggghhh... caring my butt.... that actually is a problem for me. two days ago i ended up walking off almost all my calories. but I don't get 10k steps in each day on average before exercise... which MFP assumes.