21 Day Fix buddies

Options
I'm going to be starting 21 Day Fix soon. Does anyone want to join me?

Replies

• Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    no, thank you.
  • weightlossbygraduation
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow. Want to help keep each other motivated?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    MFP is free and easy! I have been maintaining my goal weight for over a year, thanks to MFP! Not sure if 21 day fix is necessary.
  • _Fitgirl_In_Training_
    Options
    Starting another round tomorrow. I'm for it
  • KnittingSoo
    KnittingSoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    21 Day Fix is a workout program. Yes it has containers you can use for portion control if you want to (or just count calories; whatever works) but it's the workout program I'd guess people are mostly talking about in the Fitness and Exercise section.

I liked the workouts and I liked Autumn's calm professional style as a trainer. Surrenders, burpees and I will never be friends but I improved each week. I am starting another program today but expect I'll come back to the Fix when I want a bit of a change.

And before anyone asks - on Day 22 you can restart the 21 day calendar or move on to some other fitness program or eat pizza and watch Netflix. Your choice.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here's the group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers

The containers would be way too inflexible for me. For me logging regular food is easier.
  • KnittingSoo
    Options
    I don't use the containers either. I have used the portion split guidelines though (quite loosely) to help me structure daily menus but I stick with weighing food and logging it that way.
  • natalia86v
    natalia86v Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting tonight!
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Doing body beast. That my next one to try.
  • Babe1995
    Babe1995 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this program! But I am super interested. I'm going to have to look into it!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Babe1995 wrote: »
    I've never heard of this program! But I am super interested. I'm going to have to look into it!

You don't need to buy the VERY expensive "tupperware." The container measurements are all over Pinterest, and copycat containers are sold on Amazon. It's only worth the big price tag it if you like the workouts.

https://www.amazon.com/Prefer-Green-Containers-COMPLETE-Multi-Color/dp/B018X9GBS4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1476119807&sr=8-3&keywords=colored+food+containers
  • KnittingSoo
    Options
    The price for the workouts is about the same as other Beachbody programs - so for me the 'tupperware' didn't figure into my purchasing decision one way or the other. Beachbody programs are more expensive than many (and clearly not free like Youtube!) but I tend to like the trainers, and the variety they offer.

In the 21 Day Fix there are 7 different 30 minute workouts in the package. Each has its own focus (cardio, upper body, lower body, pilates, yoga etc) and apart from the 2 minute warm up I don't think any of the moves are repeated across programs.
  • greeneyegrly
    greeneyegrly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    how is it going so far?