Got off track

Options
Hey,

I was doing P90X and eating a healthy 1400 calories a day and had lost 26 pounds!! Then finals started, and then vacations, and then summer school. I completely got off track. I gained 10 pounds of that weight loss back :(

I'm hovering between "what's the point I'll never succeed" and "get off your butt and stop having a pity party." Whenever any of you have gotten off track, how did you get that drive back and in the right mind set?

I just feel really down...

Replies

• angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I pick door number 2 !!! Stop the pity fest and get back to work. We all go through it. At least you are not 26lbs behind again.
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    Well being a mother if I get off track I look at my kids and say i'm gonna do this for them....
    Set yourself a goal,,do you have a vacation you want to look better for,,a family reunion,,a school/work social??
    If not , go buy yourself a dress in the size you would like to reach and hang it in your bathroom or bedroom where ever you look into the mirror the most and can see that dress......
    You can do this we all have set backs just get back up and start moving along again...Good Luck to you...
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You'll be very angry with yourself if you gain back those last 16 pounds. 26 pounds is quite an accomplishment. Just think this time next yr what you could have accomplished. If you lost 26 pounds already why wouldn't you be able to lose the rest. Don't give up on yourself you deserve this!!!! :flowerforyou:

Please don't give up. If you need to add me you can we'll check in with each other everday to make sure you get through this funk....It will be ok and you'll be feeling and looking great in no time. DOn't waste all the hard work.

So right now get off the computer and do one lap around the block or dance for 15 minutes. Do some kind of excersise and get back into action. Don't abscond. Fulfill your mission!!!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Make it your lifestyle not something you do just to loose weight when you feel you need to.

Make exercise and eating healthy something that you enjoy and do as part of your life. Take time for you first and then everyone else and have fun doing what you do and results will come.

For me I find that the hardest part of it all is changing the way you think about certain things and pushing past that little bit of lazyness that everyone has. I normally say that the hardest part of exercising is getting your runners on, because once you're ready to go it all happens and you feel great during and after the exercise. Nothing beats the feeling you get after a intense workout.
  • Brandie6004
    Brandie6004 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    hey :)

I'm on day one of trying to get back on track (vaca last week). I was just thinking today that is just SO much easier to just eat what I want, when I want and not think about calories... I haven't even braved looking at the scale yet, so I don't know how much of my 29 lbs I've gained back.

I'm choosing to work at getting back to where I was a wk (almost 2 wks ago) because if felt SOOO AWESOME to have the largest jeans in jrs section (a 17) get zipped up! Who cares if they were WAY too tight wear in public, they still zipped up! ...because I just had my inner runner trying to come out (I did intervals on the treadmill and jogged half my high intervals) and it felt SO AWESOME! ...becasue I LOVE not huffing and puffing up the stairs to tuck my kiddos in bed!!! ...and most importantly if I don't teach my kiddos how to live a healthy life, how will they learn???

You can do this! I know it's hard sometimes. Remind yourself why you started this and think back at how far you've come... You can SO do this! Good luck! ((hugs))
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Just start doing it again. I mean, you've still lost 16 pounds! Great job!

I've had many "plateau"'s while losing 44 lbs over the past 2 years. Those weren't actual plateau's...I get back into old habits every once in a while and either stall or gain some weight back. Hell, I just spent April and May in one. Got back on track in June, lost the extra weight I'd gained, so I'm cruising along to my final goal again.

You can do it, you've already made progress. Get to it!
  • mlaufit
    mlaufit Posts: 4
    Options
    At least you've seen where the track is - you have come a great distance. Forgive yourself the deviation - it will be easier to step back onto the track and keep going. Forgiveness is as important as anything else.
  • jessicajones1022
    jessicajones1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @Tammyr76 That is the best idea EVER!!!!!!!
  • jessicajones1022
    jessicajones1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing! Thank you so much! Such wonderful thoughts to ponder before I go to bed :) Blessings to you all!:happy:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you on this lol! I have such a hard time with this calorie thing, and get so impatient haha.

What I do is I like to look at photos of who I want to look like, and then think to myself, "Once I lose weight, I'll have her body!!!"

I hope this helps :smile: