Metabolic Testing

Options
HI MFP'ers!

I was curious if anyone has had Metabolic Testing done to find out what their target caloric zones are. I have found a doctor's office who offers this and I am thinking of having it done. The Metabolic Testing measures your resting metabolic rate, which is the # of caloires you need to stay at your exisiting weight (I think!)

If anyone has any other info on this please share!! Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    You can do this on your own no need to pay someone to do it...googleit and I do believe MFP does this for you also it is under your settings
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I had it done and I'm so glad. When I bought my HRM we set it up exactly for my own zones. They continue to change as I get in shape and lose weight, so the test should be redone yearly.
  • deewildwoman
    deewildwoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment on Friday for the Metabolic testing and then a consultation with a nutritionist to go over the information from the test. I am looking forward to seeing how close my BMR from the test is to the one given to me by MFP.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'd be curious to hear from OSUalum what you learned from the testing that was different from, say, the Basal Metabolic Rate that MFP calculates. Did they tell you your BMR and was it significantly different from what MFP suggested? What else did they tell you?
  • haulinbuns
    haulinbuns Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes I had mine done and it is really low. It is a lot lower than MFP gives you. I also saw a nutritionist and had help with setting up goals. It was very helpful.