Depression

Hi I no its a bit of a downer for a subject but I really need some sense of direction and support right now. I've finally turned back to this app after abandoning it a good few months back.
Basically I had a nervous breakdown and suffer from anxiety and depression mainly due to the lack of help I am getting in supporting my son who is special needs. And because I'm always so down n never sleeping I cnt push myself to lose weight. I am trying to build my strength physically to allow me to better support my son as well as repair my back after damaging it lifting him. His a big lad 12 yrs old now and I feel guilty about how I'm feeling when his going through so much himself. I'm only 32 and feel like I should have the energy to do things but my body's against me. I feel broken.

Replies

• JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Focus on your sleep, mindset and nutrition first.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    What type of special needs is your child?
    Where do you live?
    What type of help have you received in the past?
  • balboabilly
    balboabilly Posts: 39 Member
    I'm proud of you for reaching out! Trying to do it all can be overwhelming. I'd say just do what you can when you can. I just recently lost weight doing a ketogenic diet I haven't had time to workout and I still lost weight and felt full the whole time. I hit my goal and rewarded myself with all my sugary and carby treats now I'm going back to it to hit my next goals. Whether it's ketogenic or any other diet you choose to do just stick to it it's the consistency that gets you results. Working out you can add later after you get your diet settled down with a yummy menu that you'll actaully enjoy, they say "abs are made in the kitchen" which is 100% true unless you're 16 lol. Remember just do what you can when you can you are an amazing momma to an amazing boy you're doing more than most will ever do be proud of what you have accomplished with him. Meal prep helps me stay on track too. Good luck !!
  • sadyia15
    sadyia15 Posts: 76 Member
    What type of special needs is your child?
    Where do you live?
    What type of help have you received in the past?

His got Cerebral Palsy and I live in Birmingham England. Non what so ever I live in a first floor flat and he struggles up the stairs everyday. But they won't take notice and now my GP has referred me to social services. But with the way my local council have totally disregarded his needs I'm not holding out much hope.
  • sadyia15
    Thanks balboabilly that means a lot honestly. To be honest I have been comfort eating ALOT. think I'm just fed up of being ignored by the people who claim to care for children's needs. The every life matters principal definitely isn't being followed here.
  • sadyia15
    Jrulo16 - to be honest I really cnt sleep it's 5am here n I'm still up. Dr says meds should help but there not working for me :(
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    sadyia15 wrote: »
    Hi I no its a bit of a downer for a subject but I really need some sense of direction and support right now. I've finally turned back to this app after abandoning it a good few months back.
    Basically I had a nervous breakdown and suffer from anxiety and depression mainly due to the lack of help I am getting in supporting my son who is special needs. And because I'm always so down n never sleeping I cnt push myself to lose weight. I am trying to build my strength physically to allow me to better support my son as well as repair my back after damaging it lifting him. His a big lad 12 yrs old now and I feel guilty about how I'm feeling when his going through so much himself. I'm only 32 and feel like I should have the energy to do things but my body's against me. I feel broken.

If you would like yo friend me feel free then read my profile. I horticulture helps you to not feel quite so alone with your feelings. All the best Carol
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    sadyia15 wrote: »

If you would like yo friend me feel free then read my profile. I horticulture helps you to not feel quite so alone with your feelings. All the best Carol

Sorry predictive text- that should say I hope it helps'