Has anyone ever heard of the Flat Belly Diet? The one with t

Options
Hey everyone,

So a colleague of mine has been doing this flat belly diet for a month now, and has dropped 15 pounds without stepping foot in a gym. She says she's on this "Flat Belly Diet" and told me a bit about it:

-The first four days are your jump start where you have a very limited menu
-After that, you have 3-400 calorie meals each day plus a snack.
-The thing is, each meal has to have one "MUFA" -- Monounsaturated Fatty Acid -- such as olive oil, avocados, sunflower seeds, etc.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Tried it?

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Replies

• hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    good question.... i'd love to know too.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    haven't heard of it, but googled it, and the info looks good. food looks yummy. :smile:
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine went on it with her husband a couple of years ago, and she looks the same as ever to me. Of course, things work differently for different people.
  • whathappenedtome
    Options
    I actually ordered this diet, looked at it, and returned it for a refund. I thought there were too many restrictions and so many weird foods and supplements, many of which you had to order online,

Best way to lose weight is to develop healthy eating habits based on established guidelines, become more active, and have a positive outlook. Extreme diets and strange programs do not work for the long term.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    I have heard of it, haven't tried it. You can try a sampling sort of thing of it at http://fitbie.msn.com/ just search for flat belly diet and sign up with your e-mail and they send you meal plans. They have lots of other diets/workouts there as well
  • ivorygirl88
    ivorygirl88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have heard of it, however, you always have to pay something to get to the god stuff. I have heard the only thing to get a flat belly really is to do cardio so you can shed the fat in the front of the muscles. So I would stick to that and then your results are sure to last.
  • JeAnnRandallGraham
    JeAnnRandallGraham Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    the problem with really restrictive diets is that you lose weight quickly because you are basically starving yourself. these types of "diets" are impossible to stick with for the any length of time. you are also slowing down your metabolism by restricting calories to that degree. Once you try to go back to normal eating, the weight will pile back on plus more. I would stay away from any diet that has you eating less than 1200 calories per day.

losing weight slow and steady is the only way to achieve long term results.

a person can lose weight without exercise, but a combination of strength training, cardio, and stretching is essential for overall health.

hope this helps :)