Post partum weight loss 50+ lbs to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• BigBadVanna
    BigBadVanna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My son is 10 months old. I gained more than 80lbs (asked the nurses to stop telling me towards the end). I lost it all by 8 months postpartum and am now working on vanity pounds. My advice is to take it easy and enjoy the process. Set a reasonable deficit, especially while breastfeeding. Be patient, be kind with yourself, and before you know it, you'll feel yourself again. Looking back, I wish I hadn't stressed so much about the baby weight. I could have saved a lot of tears. You'll do great, mama!
  • lizzm23
    lizzm23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My son is 10 months old. I gained more than 80lbs (asked the nurses to stop telling me towards the end). I lost it all by 8 months postpartum and am now working on vanity pounds. My advice is to take it easy and enjoy the process. Set a reasonable deficit, especially while breastfeeding. Be patient, be kind with yourself, and before you know it, you'll feel yourself again. Looking back, I wish I hadn't stressed so much about the baby weight. I could have saved a lot of tears. You'll do great, mama!

I gained 76 pounds and I am 2.5 months postpartum and I've already lost 45 pounds (40 of that in the first two or three weeks) but I still have 25 to go and I love hearing stories like this of people who gained as much as I did!

I was 130 pre pregnancy and got up to 206 by the time I had my little guy. I swelled HORRIBLY (even my OB couldn't believe how bad it was and yet I was completely healthy). I started walking around day 3 postpartum and started spinning at 3 weeks postpartum and now I'm trying to get at least 3-4 workouts per week (working full time). I'm trying to be patient but I can't wait to get back in my old clothes and it's hard to figure out how much I'm burning while breastfeeding so I don't really know how many calories I should be eating!
  • BigBadVanna
    BigBadVanna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @lizzm23 , it sounds like you're doing great! It's recommended to add 500 calories/day to account for breastfeeding, but I think it can vary quite a bit. I'd say that as long as you have energy, your milk supply is remaining stable or increasing, and you aren't losing more than 1lb/week, you're eating the right amount. These first few months are critical for establishing your milk supply, so don't be too aggressive with your deficit. You'll be back in your old clothes before you know it!
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I gained 40lbs with my son and am only 2 weeks post-partum, but I'm still >20lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight and was already over 20lbs above my prior weight when I got pregnant, so I could use some motivation.
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I had my little 7 lb man on 8/30. I am just now starting to try to get back into exercising. I have been trying to eat healthy since giving birth. I was on the weight loss journey before getting pregnant and had lost about 47 lbs. I gained about 30 of that back during pregnancy. I am down a little over 20 of those lbs. I still have more to go once I get down to Timmy pre-pregnancy weight. Feel free so add me as a friend and we can help support each other.
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    10 weeks postpartum with 28lbs to go
  • alyrod12
    alyrod12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Gave birth in June to my second, looking to lose 50 lbs, feel free to add me! I log daily.
  • alikat231
    alikat231 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my sweet 9lb 9 oz baby boy on August 31- I started out my pregnancy with about 20 extra lbs from my first baby and gained 50 lbs so I have a long way to go to get back down! I've lost about 30 so I have another 40 to go. I'm breastfeeding and would like to do so until he's at least 1 year old so I suspect my loss will be slow. Feel free to add me! It helps having accountability
  • BooBoo5
    BooBoo5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just had my baby girl on Oct. 4 and am looking for friends so feel free to add me! I have a lot more than 50 lbs to lose! Good luck to you all!
  • JennWatts79
    JennWatts79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I had my 3rd baby on July 26th. I have about 60 lbs to lose, but most of it is weight that slowly came on over the years before my babies! Now that I know I won't be having any more kids, I'm determined to lose the weight for good. I never had any luck losing weight while breastfeeding, but honestly I think it's just because I was always hungry and making bad food choices. I'm breastfeeding now, and will try adding 500 calories for that. I've been doing a ton of walking, and just added back in weight training. Feel free to add me!!
  • isthatpoisontoo
    isthatpoisontoo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My little one is a month old now and I've plucked up the courage to get on the scales. I gained nearly 30 kg! Breastfeeding should help, but I'm sure all the midnight snacks to keep going aren't. Add me, we can support each other!
  • shoshanafinkle
    shoshanafinkle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    feel free everyone to add me as well!!! i had twins march 2015, and still have 20 pounds to lose to post partum weight and an additional 10 id love to lose after that!