I have a "normal" BMI!!!!

Options
As of this morning, my BMI is in the normal range. I don't think I've been in the normal range for 15 or more years... i've still got a lot of work to do, but it was definitely a boost that made me feel better. 205 to 150 in 11 months. ejbzv8xqewjb.png
d8jqgpoxe9pn.png

Replies

• doublexl845
    doublexl845 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job, you've made it to the point few do. Keep it up. :)
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Wow-what an accomplishment!! Congrats on your hard work & success!! :)
  • tag2013
    tag2013 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic....you look great!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :)

I just did too by a few 10ths but I don't put too much stock in it because the BMI seems really skewed towards the low end.

I prefer to go by BF as measured by DXA scan or Hydrostatic Testing but, if you prefer using BMI, at least use the Smart BMI calculator (Google it) which adjusts for age and sex for a more realistic assessment.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Yay congratulations! !
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Look at you so SASSY!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    That is a great milestone. To know that you're in your healthy average weight range is amazing Congratulations.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I want you Normal BMI chicks that normal is extraordinarily hot.
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You look great - very fit! Just curious, why do you say you still have a lot of work to do? What is your final goal? I'm only asking because I think we have similar heights. I'm 5 ft 5 in and 4 pounds away from normal bmi. :)
  • Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You rock!!! Well done!!! Looking fabulous.
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well done it's a good feeling isn't it
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Well done! GREEN ZONE!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • jadefitnow
    jadefitnow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You really look fantastic- not an easy accomplishment, so congratulations on determination and perseverence!!!!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You look great - very fit! Just curious, why do you say you still have a lot of work to do? What is your final goal? I'm only asking because I think we have similar heights. I'm 5 ft 5 in and 4 pounds away from normal bmi. :)

Thank you! I look more fit (clothed) than I actually am. I still have a lot of body fat I'd like to lose. I'm guessing about 20 more pounds should take care of this and then it will be time to add some lean muscle mass. I think a lot of it is all dependent on your body composition and mine isn't where I want it. Honestly, I guess I won't be able to make a determination until I get where I want to be. Best of luck to you!

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to each of you for your kind responses! It's been a hard road but worth every moment.
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Congratulations, you've worked hard for this!
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Thank you! I look more fit (clothed) than I actually am. I still have a lot of body fat I'd like to lose. I'm guessing about 20 more pounds should take care of this and then it will be time to add some lean muscle mass. I think a lot of it is all dependent on your body composition and mine isn't where I want it. Honestly, I guess I won't be able to make a determination until I get where I want to be. Best of luck to you!

Thank you! That sounds like a great plan! Very best!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!