Feeling lethargic after meals even non-carb heavy meals

Options
Hey! So I'm aiming to lose weight and started cutting a little carbs. I used to be very carbs based with rice, noodles, bread, pasta based for ALL my meals. I do not want to cut out carbs as my home is a very carbs heavy environment and wouldn't want my body to go in shock when I go back home for long holidays.

So now, I only have one heavy carb based during lunch and protein based salad for dinner. I realised however that I get lethargic even after dinner which is surprising to me as its mostly greens with a huge chunk of fish. I know greens are carbs too but in comparison to noodles, pasta or rice it should be significantly lower.

If its worth to note, I was on holiday and would have heavy rice or noodles based dishes all day long. After lunch when I usually get a moment to rest in my accommodation, I crash and would just sleep for HOURS. Literally would wake up and it would be time for dinner.

Is my body just more sensitive to carbs now? Even salad?

Replies

• Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You may need to have more formal tests to ensure you do not have some sort of an intolerance to certain foods. Better safe than sorry. Good luck
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    How much sleep do you get at night? Do you sleep well?
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Total calories per day, and how long have you been in a deficit? Are you getting recommended daily vitamins/minerals especially iron?

From what I gather from your post, you were getting tired after lunch and napping before you changed your macros. Now its happening after dinner? What else has changed? Such as has your work schedule/waking schedule/time to bed schedule changed? Are you more active now than you were before?