20-30 pounds by the end of February

Options
My younger brother just left for basic training in the Army. He lost about 65 pounds to be eligible for shipment. I admire his determination and discipline to stay focused on that goal.
I'm currently 245 pounds and want to lose 20-30 by the time I see him at his graduation in February. I'm starting to be less strict with my diet, but I really want to back on ball starting today. Wish me luck, I'll need it!

Replies

• ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Congrats on setting a very achievable goal. You should definitely be able to pull this off. Weigh, log, and get some exercise if you can, realize there will be ups and downs, and don't let one bad meal or decision ruin your whole day. If you go off the rails, get back on them for the next meal and carry on. You can do this.

Good luck!
  • purplenurple1116
    purplenurple1116 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    what the poster above said. I'm down 21 pounds in almost 3 months. rI got now I'm just trying to figure out a balance in diet. I haven't eexercised yet but if I did, I probably would be further down on the scale. I started at 230 lbs so it's definatly doable. good luck